Cactus V6 II Wireless HSS / FP Flash Transceiver with Yongnuo flashes

Hi! Is it possible to use Cactus V6 II Wireless HSS / FP Flash Transceiver in order to connect Yongnuo 568 EX flash for Nikon to a Canon Rebel 3 camera? If this is not possible for the moment do you consider update the firmware to make this work in the future? Thank you!

Comments

• Yes, YN-568EX for Nikon is a compatible flash model, as listed on the website.

Click under COMPATIBILITY tab, scroll down and you will see the list of flash models.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Please help! I just received my 2 Cactus V6 II Wireless HSS / FP Flash Transceiver but I am having a breakdown, I cannot make them work on TTL. My camera is a Canon 650 D (Rebel 3). As flash I have a
    Yongnuo 568 EX, but this Yongnuo is made for Nikon cameras, not for Canon. That 's why I could not use the flash made for Nikon on my Canon camera. I hoped that buying the Cactus V6II would make them connect on TTL. I know that my flash is compatible. My camera I am not so sure, but Canon 550 D is compatible. Yet, when I want to activate Through the TTL mode it says the 2 systems are not the same. Please tell me: is there a way to make my camera Canon 650D to connect in TTL with a
    YN-568EX speedlight for Nikon via a Cactus v6II?
  • Please help! I just received my 2 Cactus V6 II Wireless HSS / FP Flash Transceiver but I am having a breakdown, I cannot make them work on TTL. My camera is a Canon 650 D (Rebel 3). As flash I have a
    Yongnuo 568 EX, but this Yongnuo is made for Nikon cameras, not for Canon. That 's why I could not use the flash made for Nikon on my Canon camera. I hoped that buying the Cactus V6II would make them connect on TTL. I know that my flash is compatible. My camera I am not so sure, but Canon 550 D is compatible. Yet, when I want to activate Through the TTL mode it says the 2 systems are not the same. Please tell me: is there a way to make my camera Canon 650D to connect in TTL with a
    YN-568EX speedlight for Nikon via a Cactus v6II?
    Even on manual it says:"Make sure the camera and flash unit belong to the same TTL system." But mine are not the same: I have a Canon camera and a Nikon based flash unit (Yongnuo for Nikon). Please respond asap so I can still return the Cactusto my provider, if you tell me that there is nothing I can do to make it work on TTL.
  • @Totem
    First things first...
    Is your intention to use your Yn flash on or off-camera (Attached to your camera or as remote flash)?
    As you said before, you want to use TTL.
    At this moment, you could use your Yn flash on your camera passing the TTL info with a Cactus V6II sandwiched between the camera and the flash. It is necessary to activate the "TTL pass-through" function every time.
    If you want to use it as an off-camera flash, at this moment the remote TTL feature is not yet available to Canon or Nikon. But will be available on the near future.
    https://www.cactus-image.com/special/X-TTL/
    Until then, you could use it as a manually controlled remote flash.
  • Thanks @lansa301 for chiming in.

I think @Totem wants to sandwich just one (1) V6 II between camera (Canon) and flash (Nikon) and have TTL going. 

This is possible, just not yet.

You will have to wait until we release X-TTL firmware for Canon. 

X-TTL Firmware Versions Already Released:
    • Fujifilm:  FUJ.1.002
    • Pentax:  PEN.A.001 (does not support cross-brand TTL)
    • Sigma:  SIG.1.001
    • Sony:   SON.1.002
    The firmware that is pre-installed on the V6 II is Multi-brand HSS firmware:  1.1.013 or earlier.  This firmware only supports cross-brand HSS, it does NOT support cross-brand TTL.   Only X-TTL firmware supports cross-brand TTL.

The <TTL PASS THROUGH> function on Multi-brand HSS firmware only works when both camera and flash runs on the same system.  Therefore it is literally just passing Camera TTL to the flash unit. Passing through Canon's E-TTL flash signals to a flash running on Nikon i-TTL certainly does not work. 

With the explanation done, Canon X-TTL firmware is estimated to be available in around February / March 2018.

Thank you and hope this clears your confusions.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Forgot to mention that, despite Multi-brand HSS firmware does not support the passing through of different camera and flash system for your on-camera flash setup, you are able to achieve cross-brand HSS. 

Let the V6 II in TX mode auto-detect both the flash and the camera system.  You can control the on-camera flash power output on V6 II TX by holding down the Menu button and scrolling the Adjustment Dial. 

You will be able to do HSS with the Yongnuo flash mounted on V6 II TX, flash sync up to 1/8000s, or whatever speed your camera is capable of.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Thank you all for the answers! To clarify from my side: I want to have TTL on all cases, on camera and off camera. Of course this is ideal, but if it is not possible yet, I want at least to be able to use it on camera. This is a "must have" feature for me. 

For the moment my intention is to figure out if I should keep my devices or I return them. That's why your answers are time crucial and thank you again for replying fast.

So, I understood this is not available yet, but might come in the future.

Antonio,I have 3 more specific questions :

1. When you will release X-TTL firmware for Canon (estimated / March 2018, as you said), will this work with my 2 Cactus V6 II Wireless HSS / FP Flash Transceiver as they are now? I mean would these devices would be enough, just update the software and would be ready to go? Or would we need to buy other devices or other accessories?

2. Will this updated software be able to connect TTL a Canon 650D camera with a Yongnuo 568 EX flash for Nikon attached on top, as my specific case is? Meaning on-camera flash.

3. Is there, in your future intention, to release aslo a software to connect a Canon camera with Yongnuo 568 EX flash for Nikon for Off Camera Flash? (Again, I am talking about a software to be used by the devices I already have, not having to buy another device).

Thank you so much!

• @Totem
    I can partially answer your first question:
    When the future X-TTL firmware be released you will need nothing more, except a USB cable and a computer (Windows or iOS) to update the firmware.
    I guess that the answer to your third question will be a yes.
    I am not sure about the second one.
    I am not a CaNikon user but I am very satisfied witth the Cactus product.
  • Hi @Totem,

1. No. You don't need to purchase additional hardware. 
    2. Yes, there will be on-camera TTL at least that's our aim. We haven't started working on Canon X-TTL firmware so we cannot promise for sure.
    3. Yes, there will be off-camera TTL at least that's our aim. We haven't started working on Canon X-TTL firmware so we cannot promise for sure.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager