edited December 2017 in V6 II FAQ
Hi,
I have 4 cameras, 
1canon t3i
1 nikon d300
1pentax k-50
1fuji xt-1,
I would like to know if buying the cactus v6II
could use a single trigger for all my cameras ???
is that possible ??? would work in each of them or am I wrong ????

Thank you for your attention and time

P.D.
I dont need the ttl stuff,just the high sync speed :)

Comments

• Hello @macneto74

We haven't tested a Nikon D300 nor Pentax K-50, but they both should work on the V6 II to support HSS. 

Since you do not need, TTL, you may use the Multi-brand HSS firmware, e.g. version 1.1.013.

However, for X-T1, because at the time of writing the firmware, Fujifilm still has not released their EF-X500 portable flash, and no HSS camera firmware were provided, you will need to go process two steps before shooting at HSS, that is <LEARN HSS> and turn on  <FORCED HSS>.  

Since the release of the dedicated Fujifilm X-TTL firmware, version FUJ.1.xxx, shooting in HSS on Fujifilm cameras is much easier.  Have a try first, if you don't like going through the extra steps, get an additional V6 II just for your X-T1. 

What portable flash will you use?  You may consider the Cactus RF60X.

Thank you.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi antonio !! thanks for you answer  :)
    the only thing I need to know is if I buy the CACTUS V6II 
    Can I use it on all of my cameras???
    obviously I would buy a flash rf60 to be able to use
    high sync speed, by the way I also have a panasonic gh2
    and a g10, do you think it would work on them ?? ?
    what I do not want is to use so many triggers,
    my goal is to be able to have a single trigger with a
    single flash for all my cameras of different brands,
    is that possible ????
  • The answer is - yes. 

With the exceptions with Fujifilm where I mentioned in my first reply, you just need to take extra steps to get HSS to work.

Canon T3i (600D) - not tested by us, but 99% work
    Nikon D300 - not tested by us, but 99% work
    Pentax K-50 - not tested by us, but 90% work
    Fujifilm X-T1 - tested OK
    Panasonic G10 - not tested by us, but 90% work
    Panasonic GH2 - tested OK

RF60 has been discontinued.
    RF60X replaces the RF60.
    And both can be triggered directly by a V6 II to support HSS.

Hope this clears any confusion.

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • antonio thank you so much!! now I want more the cactus trigger and flash :)

• antonio thank you so much!! now I want more the cactus trigger and flash :)

Great news :)

Enjoy shooting with the Cactus flash and triggers. 

Cheers!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• you know if there is any chance to get a cactus for samsung nx cameras???
    Highly unlikely.  Samsung stopped making digital cameras unfortunately. 

That said, the Cactus V6 works on any camera including the Samsung NX. You will just have to live with shooting at or below camera's maximum x-sync speed. 

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

Highly unlikely.  Samsung stopped making digital cameras unfortunately. 

That said, the Cactus V6 works on any camera including the Samsung NX. You will just have to live with shooting at or below camera's maximum x-sync speed. 

antonio... are you sure??? because I got my samsung nx11 and I will like to use my brand new cactus on her :(
  • Hmm, yeah... pretty sure? Samsung NX cameras are no longer in production, it is not viable for us to cater this community. 

Like I said above, use the Cactus V6. It works with the Samsung NX:

Cheers!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• I just buy the cactus v6 II :)
    Hmm, yeah...  pretty sure? Samsung NX cameras are no longer in production, it is not viable for us to cater this community. 

Cheers!

• I just buy the cactus v6 II :)
    Hmm, yeah...  pretty sure? Samsung NX cameras are no longer in production, it is not viable for us to cater this community. 

Cheers!

Great!!

Have fun :)

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager