Cactus V6 / Canon 600EX in Manual Mode

Hi,

I'd like to know if a Cactus V6 II has the capability of managing a Canon 600EX in manual mode. It seems that teh power control only works when the flash is on ETTL mode. 

When switching to Manual mode on the 600EX, changing the power on the Tx Cactus doesn't change anything about the flash power. I tried 1/1 and 1/128 of power with the same parameters on my camera (ISO 100, f/5.6 and 1/125 in manual mode) and the resulting image is always the same. 

Thanks in advance
Stéphane 

Comments

• The flash needs to stay in E-TTL mode in order for the V6 II to communicate with it. 

And yes, it will give you the ability to manually adjust flash power output and zoom range. 

In case you missed the printed Quick Start Guide, you can always read the web version (PDF).

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • The flash needs to stay in E-TTL mode in order for the V6 II to communicate with it. 

And yes, it will give you the ability to manually adjust flash power output and zoom range. 

In case you missed the printed Quick Start Guide, you can always read the web version (PDF).

Thanks!

Thanks for your comment. After posting this question, I saw that the TTL signal was on. I switched it of and now I can manage my flash remotely from my camera for both power and zoom.

Stéphane
    The flash needs to stay in E-TTL mode in order for the V6 II to communicate with it. 

Thanks!

The flash needs to stay in E-TTL mode in order for the V6 II to communicate with it. 

Thanks!

• Great to hear that.

Please let us know if you require further assistance. Cheers!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.