RF60-control by V5

Hello

When I swithc on the RF60 without a V6 in reach it shows "OFF" in the zoom area of the display. In this mode I can not set any power adjustmant to the flash and a V5 in TX-Mode can not fire the flash.
As soon as I aktivate a V6 in TX mode for some seconds and switch it of afterwards RF60 stays in a mode where I can control power and zoom setting. In this mode it can be fired by the V5 too.
Greetings from Germany
Klaus

www.Klaus-macht-Bilder.de

Comments

• Hello Klaus

Thank you for the experiment.

Whenever switching on the V6, it synchronizes the power output with RF60 referring to its group. Let's say the RF60 is set in Group A in slave mode and set it at off status. At the same time, you have a V6 as TX that previously set to 1/128 in Group A and remain it in OFF status. When you turn on the V6 to Tx, it synchronizes with the RF60. So, the RF60 switches from OFF to 1/128.

I hope that will explain why it happened.

Cheers!
  • but practically this means that the RF60 is not fully compatible with  the V5 system - for me not important because I own V5&6 but for others it might be an issue.

Greetings from Germany
    Klaus

• You are right. The V5 is only able to trigger the flash. Other controlling function is not available.

I definitely to have V6 working with RF60. It enables all RF60 functionality.

Cheers!
  • edited August 2014 PM
    klaus123 said:

When I switch on the RF60 without a V6 in reach it shows "OFF" in the zoom area of the display. In this mode I can not set any power adjustmant to the flash and a V5 in TX-Mode can not fire the flash

Simply long-press on "NEXT" to activate the RF60's power level whenever it shows "OFF" and you want to manually adjust the power.

After that, you can change the power level manually and fire the RF60 with the V5.
  • admin said:

........ So, the RF60 switches from OFF to 1/128. ........

Sorry - I overread this sentece. That fullfils my needs - I never expected to remotcontrol pover or zoom levels.
    Greetings from Germany
    Klaus