problems using V6 with Pentax GPS and Nikon SB-400

Dear Cactus,

I have encountered some issues when using the Cactus V6 transceiver:

• When I place the V6 (in TX mode) on my Pentax K-3 then place the Pentax O-GPS1 GPS Module on top of the V6, the GPS doesn’t communicate with the camera body. In other words, it does not appear that the hot shoe is “passing through” the signal to/from the camera. Or put another way: I cannot use both the V6 and the Pentax O-GPS1 GPS Module at the same time.
  • When I place the V6 (in TX mode) on my Nikon D800 then place the Nikon SB-400 flash on top of the V6, the SB-400 doesn’t communicate with the camera body. In other words, it does not appear that the hot shoe is “passing through” the signal to/from the camera. Or put another way: I cannot use both the V6 and the Nikon SB-400 at the same time.

Please advise.

Michael

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Hi Michael,

you need to activate TTL pass-through. Check out the menu; it is a long-press on the "menu" button (but you need to select the correct profile in Tx mode as well).

Unfortunately, your gadgets are not natively supported by the V6.

The SB-400 may work when you select the SB-600 profile; definitely worth trying.

I'm sceptical that you'll find a profile to select (in combination with TTL pass-through) that will work with the O-GPS1, but again it is probably worth experimenting a little with the existing ones.
  • My bad, I had thought that pass-through was set and it was not. Once set, the SB-400 works fine with my D800 and other Nikons. However, the Pentax GPS still won't "talk" with the body. So the pass-through mode is interfering somehow with the Pentax GPS. I can probably live with that.

Thanks
    Michael

• Good to hear that the TTL pass-through works with the SB-400 now.

I did not expect the O-GPS1 to work with the V6; the latter would have to support the digital protocol by Pentax and it does not (yet?).