HSS not properly working on X-T10

Hello,

I have bought the V6 II + RF60X a while back to use on my Fuji X-T10, and I have never been able to use HSS reliably with the system. Sometimes it works properly, some times the flash does not even fire, and some times it fires but does not work well (not properly sync'ed with the curtain opening/closing).

My setup is as follows:

Fuji X-T10 with Firmware 1.30

Cactus V6 II with firmware FUJ.1.002

RF60X with firmware 103 (I've tried it with 104 as well to no avail - in general it works better with 103)

SETTINGS:

RF60X Auto HSS ON

Cactus V6 II on TX Mode, Learned Sync @ 1/1000s, Forced HSS ON

Other info:

With other firmware setups (I don't remember which exactly), the flash would not even fire when Forced HSS was activated on the Cactus V6 II. With this setup, it fires, but the HSS does not work well. Very rarely, I will actually get a shot with no curtain marks on the exposure, but 90% of the times, the photos come out like the one I have attached here.

What am I doing wrong, if anything? Is the Cactus system simply not working with the X-T10? I bought it mainly for its HSS capabilities, and would be very bummed out if this is the case, as it is marketed as supporting the X-T10...

Comments

• Further information: 

RF60X is on Slave mode and properly connected to the Cactus (systems are linked)

I have removed the metal part of the hot shoe of the X-T10 as suggested in several other posts here.
  • nobody has any info on this?
  • @nunocoelho
    Judging from the posts to the Cactus Facebook page, the Cactus staff are probably currently busy presenting the RQ250. I trust you'll get an answer, it will just take a bit longer than usual.

I'd help, but I'm a Pentax user and there are a number of traps and intricacies with Fuji. For instance, some Fuji camera models require you to select "mechanical shutter".

However, I just noticed that you are running FUJ.1.002 on the V6II and 103 (or 104) on the RF60X. These firmware versions are not compatible with each other. Update your RF60X firmware to A02, or at least A01. That may fix your issues.
  • X-T10, what camera firmware are you running?

Does it support HSS natively, I.e. with a Fujifilm EF-X500?

Nevertheless the V6 II will auto-detect if your cameras is on old (does not support HSS) or new (supports HSS).

Go into the menu of the V6 II, go to Functions, and scroll down to see if you see LEARN HSS as an option, if you do then you have to go through the Learn HSS process and subsequently push in the OK dial evrytime you swap between shooting above x-sync and below x-sync.

Thanks Class A for chiming in, but these are the firmware versions you should install on your Cactus devices:

V6 II: FUJ.1.002
    RF60X: 103
    RF60: 205

You cannot mix version “A” firmware with “1”.

NIK.A.001 + A04 = OK
    FUJ.1.002 + 103 = OK
    FUJ.1.002 + A04 = NG

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.