How to lock settings in manual mode

I mostly use manual mode for my flash settings and on the V6 and older V6II firmware I thought you could hold down the scroll dial and 'lock' in your current settings.  This seems to have gone now as it says that lock is only available for TTL mode. 

The problem I have is that my forehead will hit the scroll button and I'll be shooting and then find that suddenly my flash power has changed and everything is over/under exposed.  Am I missing a setting that'd allow this or is this feature really gone (if so please bring it back!)

Comments

• The X-TTL firmware variant interprets a long-press on the dial as a "flash exposure lock" request.

Either go back to the multi-brand version, or just long-press the "OK" button (instead of the dial) to achieve the "dial locking" when using the X-TTL variant.
  • I mostly use manual mode for my flash settings and on the V6 and older V6II firmware I thought you could hold down the scroll dial and 'lock' in your current settings.  This seems to have gone now as it says that lock is only available for TTL mode. 

The problem I have is that my forehead will hit the scroll button and I'll be shooting and then find that suddenly my flash power has changed and everything is over/under exposed.  Am I missing a setting that'd allow this or is this feature really gone (if so please bring it back!)

Do you mean press and hold down a particular group button and adjust power with the dial?
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.