V6 II not firing RF60x or RF60

Hey guys, I just purchased a bunch of cactus gear. the main issue im having is the V6 II triggering either of the RF60x or 60's. The only thing it will do is reciever for a canon flash and I can use the rf60x to fire it. But I want the V6 on camera. I've double checked everything and updated everything. all channels and groups are the same. What else... Im about to return

Comments

• Please tell us which firmware versions do you have on each V6II, RF60 and RF60X
  • I've updated them all to the latest

• edited March 2018
    You should specify the exact firmware versions.

There are two variants (multi-brand vs X-TTL) which are incompatible with each other.

For instance, if you are using a regular multi-brand firmware on your V6II, you must not use any of the "A..." versions on the RF60(x). In other words, if you are running "1.1.013" on the V6II, you should use "205" on your RF60(x).

You may want to share what camera you are using and whether you are keen on TTL. In the latter case, you should use the respective X-TTL firmware variants for both V6II and RF60(x).
  • Yeah, all the latest firmware versions IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

This usually work but unfortunately we are in a transitional period of upgrading our wireless protocol, from version “1” to “A”.

Fujifilm: FUJ.1.002
    Sigma: SIG.1.001
    Sony: SON.1.002

These three systems are still running on the older “1” firmware versions. When you match up with Cactus flashes do not install Axx versions. Only 103 (RF60X) and 205 (RF60)

And these are running on the new “A” protocol :

OLY.A.001
    PEN.A.001
    NIK.A.001

RF60X and RF60 needs to have A04 and A03 respectively.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • That solved the issue thank you
  • That solved the issue thank you

Fabulous. :)

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thank you.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.