Zoom - manually or/and automatically

It seems I can set the zoom - focal length - manually for an off camera flash. Sometimes, I believe, the ON CAMERA flash is zooming automatically - as ff there was no tranceiver in between. Is this at all possible or do I remember incorrectly? How should I set thing to make the ato zoom work on the TTL pass through flash, please?
Regards
Jens

Comments

• Forgot TTL pass through
  • Automatic zoom for off-camera flash set in Group A,B,C and D is not available.

Only Manual zoom is available for off-camera flash.

Automatic zoom for on-camera flash (on top of V6 II) is possible by setting the on-camera flash mode to TTL - hold down V6 II's Menu button for 2 seconds. You will see a TTL icon below the battery icon.

Manual zoom is available when you set on-camera flash mode to manual control, TTL icon will not show below the battery icon, but the channel number instead.

Hope this helps.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.