Can we trigger video recordings?

Is it possible to trigger video recordings on the camera by using two V6II units in Relay mode? Eg with a V6II on my Nikon D750 hotshoe while I use another V6 II as a handheld controller to remotely trigger the recording of video?

Thanks
Luke

Comments

• You can start a video recording with two V6II if your camera supports starting the recording through pressing the shutter release button. Some cameras support that, others require pressing a different button to start a recording.

The V6II can emulate a press on the shutter release button when it is connected to the camera via a camera release cable, I don't know whether that's enough for the D750 to start a recording when set to video recording.

BTW, you wouldn't need relay mode. That's just useful when you want to use flash as well as remotely triggering the camera.
  • Sorry but you cannot start a movie recording with the V6 / V6 II using a cable.

That is, despite you can assign movie record button:

You cannot assign it to the remote shutter release port of the camera.

Maybe try the Nikon app?
    https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/wireless-mobile-utility-app.page
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Antonio said:

Sorry but you cannot start a movie recording with the V6 / V6 II using a cable.

Perhaps it is worth pointing out that this is only true for a Nikon D750 and perhaps other Nikon cameras.

Using two V6II, I can remotely start and stop video on my Pentax K-5 II just fine.
  • Class A said:

Antonio said:

Sorry but you cannot start a movie recording with the V6 / V6 II using a cable.

Perhaps it is worth pointing out that this is only true for a Nikon D750 and perhaps other Nikon cameras.

Using two V6II, I can remotely start and stop video on my Pentax K-5 II just fine.
    @Class A Thanks for the reminder.

That's good to know. :wink:
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.