Cactus v6 II and Canon MT-24EX

High I recently purchased the Cactus V6 II and was hoping to use it in TTL mode with my Canon MT-24EX on my Fuji X camera hot shoe. Unfortunately, it does not appear to work. I can use it in Manual mode of course but I can't get it work in TTL mode. I have tested the Cactus with my Canon 600 EX and it does work fine in TTL on Camera, so I'm pretty sure I've got the settings correct. So.....I'm writing here to see if there is a workaround or at the very least a request for future compatibility.

Thanks.

Comments

• From our experience macro flashes are different, and most of those we encountered did not work with V6 / V6 II. And in your case this particular model also does not seem to work.

Due to the demand of using these type of flashes as off-camera units, we may not be able to get a green light on purchasing one to study. If you don't mind sending us your MT-24X we can take a quick look to see if it is possible to extend compatibility for this macro flash. But as with all things in life we cannot promise you that it will work. :wink:

Thank you!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.