V6II stuck in camera hotshoe

I have a V6II trigger stuck in the hotshoe of a Fuji XT-1. The release lever turns but the lock pin doesn't unlock I guess. Is this the best solution - from an earlier post here?

"But before doing that, with the Lock Lever in the lock position, you will see a rectangular opening facing towards the tripod mount, on the underside of the V6.

Next use a pair of tweezers to pinch out a tiny plastic that is blocking the pin from retracting upward as you unlock the Lock Lever.

The reason for this is over time there's wear and tear on this plastic piece and it some cases it actually broke up (or half dangling) and prevented the locking pin from retracting."

Comments

• Yes that's it. You will have to manually pull up that plastic piece to retract the locking pin.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thanks Antonio. Assuming I get the trigger off the camera, would it be still OK to use the trigger in the hotshoe ? Or do you think it will get stuck again ?
  • lrj said:

Thanks Antonio. Assuming I get the trigger off the camera, would it be still OK to use the trigger in the hotshoe ? Or do you think it will get stuck again ?

Yes it will very likely get stuck again.

If you want to use this particular unit as a transmitter you will have to send it back for repair. For more information about returning click here.

Alternatively, mark this unit as "RX" (stickers are included in packaging) and only use it as a receiver from now on.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.