Restriction on using manual lens with PENTAX K-1?

edited June 2018 in V6 II Problems
This is TOSHI for the first time to write here.
I am shooting with a PENTAX camera.
Until now I used PENTAX lenses.
Can not set shutter speed up to 1/200 with manual lens which is not PENTAX lens.

Cactus V6 II Firm: V1.1.013
CAMERA PENTAX K-1 & K-1 Mark II / Camera mode: M
Use strobe RF 60X

I tried TYPE 1 to 3 with CUSTOM but could not set it
When V6 II is removed from camera, it can set 1/2000 and so on.

Please tell me if there is a solution to this problem.

Comments

• @TOSHI

Unfortunately there is no solution to this problem.

All manual lenses does not support HSS on Pentax camera.

You can try doing this with a P-TTL flash mounted directly on camera hot shoe, you will encounter the same problem. The V6 II is unable to alter this inherit behavior.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • TOSHI said:

Can not set shutter speed up to 1/200 with manual lens which is not PENTAX lens.

The problem is not that you are using a lens that isn't made by Pentax (many third-party lenses work well with Pentax cameras) but that you are apparently using a manual lens.

If the lens has an "A"-setting on the aperture ring, use that. It will enable higher shutter speeds.

You can also achieve higher shutter speeds by choosing "OTHERS" for the camera system on the V6II. You won't get HSS then, though.

As Antonio has explained, HSS is a P-TTL feature and unfortunately Pentax does not support P-TTL for manual lenses (that don't have at least an "A"-setting on the aperture ring). Even the multi-brand firmware needs to rely on a subset of P-TTL in order to enable HSS.

• @Antonio

I appreciate your advice.
    I experimented with PENTAX's genuine strobe. I understood that 1/200 is the upper limit.
    It operates as a restriction on PENTAX's system.
    Thank you very much.
  • @Class A

I appreciate your advice.
    Unfortunately, in my system even if CAMERASYSTEM was set to "OTHER" it was 1/200.
    I would like to pay attention in operation.

Thank you very much.