Problems installation cactus v6ii with Sony alpha 350 camera and Metz meta blitz 52.

Hello, I bought a cactus V6 II set and tried to install it but my flash won't work,
I set my camera system as 'auto (others)' because Sony is no standard system in the list and on the cactus receiver I set my flash system als 'auto' as well. Both are set on the same channel. When I press the shutter I get green lights on both cactus (transmitter and receiver) but the flash doesn't go off... is there anything else I have to adjust on either the camera or the flash? What could be the problem?

Comments

• @Ansje
    The issue could be related to your choice to use a V6II instead the V6IIS (SONY).
    Even when the A350 use the old Minolta Auto-Lock hot shoe the correct trigger is the V6IIS. You need to use the "Sony ADP-AMA Shoe Adapter" due to the V6IIS have the Multi-Interface (Mi) hot shoe.
    You can use the V6II with your Metz flash.
    Short, you need one (1) V6IIS as Transmitter and the ADP-AMA adapter for your camera , and one (1) V6II for each one Off-camera flash that you have with an ISO hot shoe.
    I have tried a similar configuration with my old Sony A37 (I no longer have it) and worked like charm.
    Maybe your dealer can help you changing one of your V6II for one V6IIS.
  • Thanks for your advice, but what I don't understand is that on the display of the transmitter is mentioned that the flash and the camera are detected even while using a V6II in stead off a V6IIS. You should expect that if I use the wrong trigger, even that won't work and even the green lights won't go off.. ?
  • @Ansje Yes, but is not getting the right info due to the system and communication protocol is completely different. Due to that you need the specific trigger to SONY cameras.
  • As @lansa301 already mentioned, the V6 II setting should be Camera (OTHERS).

Try doing a Factory Reset.

Or you can manually set the camera system to OTHERS.

Hope this helps!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.