HSS off camera flash with the V6II and RF60x on Fujifilm X-T2

Hello,

I’ve just recently purchased a RF60x and a V6II to do off camera flash with HSS on my Fujifilm X-T2.

I have updated to the following firmwares: (A07) on RF60x and (Fuji.A.002) on the V6II and (4.20) on the Fujifilm.

I’m still new to this system and I have not managed to get it to work.

The V6II doesn’t trigger the RF60x and there’s no connection between the two. However, the Flash only works when mounted on camera. But I want to do HSS off camera and that's what I bought this system for.

Please let me know what I’m doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Naf

Comments

• Hi Naf,

We are pretty sure the X-T2 is supported.

Do a factory reset on your V6 II and then do the test - by adjusting camera lens zoom, ISO, shutter speed or aperture, and see if newly adjusted values pop up on the V6 II's screen.

If numbers don't pop up that means there's a hot shoe alignment issue and you should remove camera hot shoe spring plate to improve connectivity.

Give this a try and let us know your results.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio,

Thank you very much for your reply. I don't think there was any issue with the hot shoe connectivity as I did the camera test and all the values were popping up on the V6 II.

However, as per your suggestion, I did a factory reset and voila! It worked!! My V6 II and X-T2 are a happy pair now! :smiley:

Thank you again for your help, Antonio!
  • Fabulous news on a Tuesday morning! :smiley:

Thanks for posting an update. If you need anything else just drop us a message.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.