Pentax K1 Cactus V6ii Godox X1T-Nikon transmiter doesn't fire Godox AD360NII-Nikon HSS

Hi there, I need urgent advice to solve my problem. My gear list is as follows;
Pentax K-1

1 Pentax 540 GFZ Flash
1 Metz 44 AF Flash for Pentax
2 Godox AD360NII-Nikon WISTRO flashes

2 Cactus V6ii triggers
2 Cactus V6 triggers
1 Godox X1T-Nikon transmiter

I updated all my gear firmwares to the latest ones. I mounted 1 Cactus V6ii trigger on Pentax K-1. On Cactus V6ii I mounted the Godox X1T-Nikon transmiter. On the other Cactus V6ii mounted the Pentax 540 GFZ flash. I managed to fire Pentax flash in HSS mode correctly. But unfortunately Goddox flash didn't work in HSS mode. Actually godox flash fires but later than Pentax flash (so no use). Then I tried in Power Sync mode of Cactus V6ii. By arranging the delay for 13 ms I got something like HSS up to 1/400 highest shutter.

I want to use Godox and Pentax flashes in HSS mode. How can I manage that? What other equipment should I buy? I need urgent suppurt. Many many thanks...

Comments

• edited January 18
    yuksel said:

I updated all my gear firmwares to the latest ones.

There is no unique "latest one" firmware for the V6II. There are two variants -- multi-brand vs X-TTL; each of them has a latest version. Even the V6 now has two firmware variants, implementing different trigger protocols. For this and other reasons, it is always best to specify the exact firmware version you are using.

I doubt, however, that your firmware versions are the problem.

yuksel said:

I mounted 1 Cactus V6ii trigger on Pentax K-1. On Cactus V6ii I mounted the Godox X1T-Nikon transmiter.

It seems that the X1T is not suitable for this kind of trigger stacking in combination with a V6II. Have a look at a respective discussion at pentaxforums.com.

You will probably be able to use a dual trigger approach by using different triggers from Godox, such as the older "16" system or the XPro (there is even a Pentax version XPro-P available now).

However, none of these combinations are officially supported by either manufacturer and you'd have to make sure to find someone who demonstrated that they were able to make it work (and how, with what firmware version and settings).

yuksel said:

I want to use Godox and Pentax flashes in HSS mode. How can I manage that? What other equipment should I buy?

Have you considered running the two AD360NII as optical slaves?
    Not an ideal solution but it may work for most of the circumstances you encounter.

Another idea would be to use a V6(II) unit as a receiver and connect it to the X1T via a sync-cable. Not sure this would help, but it could be worth a try, if you have a cable. There will be a slight delay due to the daisy chaining, but it may not be large enough to matter.

You'd have to find a way, though, to manually configure the AD360NII units into HSS mode. Some Godox units support that with certain triggers, others don't.
  • Many many thanks Class A,

I will consider all of your comments and inform you here.. Im in another city for some time and I dont have all my gear with me at the moment. I hope I can find a Solution...

All the best
  • by the way PEN.A.005 is the firmware on my Cactus V6ii... do you think Firmware V1.1.013 will work as HSS?
  • yuksel said:

...do you think Firmware V1.1.013 will work as HSS?

Yes, should work.

For particular gear, it is always a good idea to search forums (such as this community forum) as to whether someone else could confirm success, but in principle, V1.1.013 is designed to support HSS with Nikon-compatible flashes (and flashes implementing flash system from other brands, of course).
  • Thanks Class A. I will go on...and let you know :)