V6 II Backwards Compatible with the older V6?

Hi everyone just wanted to ask since i recently just acquired an old VT6 unit from a friend.
The High sync speed feature is something that i'm really in, is it possible for me to purchase a new V6 II unit (onto the camera body) and still have the HSS feature working if i attach the older V6 unit to my flash unit? Or would i have to buy 2x V6 II units to get the HSS features to work?

Thank you all in advance!

Comments

• Hi @ZeeGees,

You will need another V6 II unit if you want HSS. 

When a V6 as RX unit is triggered by a V6 II, for shooting above camera's maximum x-sync speed, it will only support Power Sync, a Full Power flash boost. Timing adjustments may be needed. This is not the normal long pulsing HSS flash. 

Also, the V6 for the time being can only be triggered by a V6 II running on Multi-brand HSS (e.g. 1.1.013) and not any of the X-TTL firmware versions.

Thank you.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.