Nikon SB 80dx

I noticed that the Nikon sb-80dx is compatible with the cactus V6 but not the V6 2. From what I understand everybody claims that it's analog TTL everything that I've read the DX stands for digital and it actually works off of digital TTL the 28 DX in the 80 DX are both digital TTL not analog from everything I've read so I'm wondering why they don't work with the cactus V6 II??

Comments

• I spent an hour on the phone with Nikon technical support they confirm to me that the Nikon sb-80dx works on digital TTL protocol not analog it should work with the V6 2.
  • We don't have a SB-80DX so we cannot verify.

You can test it yourself.

1. Run a factory reset on your V6 II.
    2. Mount the Nikon SB-80DX on V6 II
    3. Switch it on and set it to TTL  (i-TTL) mode
    4. Switch on the V6 II to RX mode

What do you see on the display of the V6 II?

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I don't currently own the cactus V6 to I own the cactus V6 which my flash works fine but I cannot control the zoom.

I will purchase the V6 ii and give it a try and let you know what happens.
  • Right!  Well, please keep us posted on how you get on. We can add it to the list if it works with the V6 II. 

A gentle reminder, you will need at least two (2) V6 II units. Because a V6 (MK1) cannot trigger a V6 II.  Only a V6 II can trigger a V6 (MK1). 

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.