TTL pass through on X-T1 not working

13»

Comments

•    I too am not able to use the V6 and my Nissin i40 in TTL Pass Through mode with my X-T1. I have 4 V6's and would love to exchange just one for one with a new hot shoe. I have tried everything but I am only able to fire it Manually while connected to the V6. 
    Please send your V6 to:

Harvest One Limited
    9D On Shing Industrial Building,
    2-16 Wo Liu Hang Road,
    Fo Tan,
    HONG KONG

Note: no zip code is required and do not write CHINA on the package as it may go to Mainland China instead and not reach our Hong Kong office.

If you require any further info feel free to email me at antoniolao@cactus-image.com

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello together,

i just want to let you know that my V6 are working really well after they replaced the hot shoes. They are working on my X-T1 and on my D750 as well. Many thanks to the Team here, no problems any more and i'm really happy. Also the timing is as Antonio said two weeks.

Regards,

Torben
  • Thanks Torben for your updates! 

I'm glad to hear everything is working like it should be now. :)

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited June 2016
    >> At the moment, none of our dealers have V6 with the new hot shoe so won't spot them in person.

I commented in this thread before, because of E-TTL pass-through problems on a Fuji X-T1. I was offered to send in my V6 trigger to get the foot replaced, but I decided not to do that (yet).

I would like to know if buying the new Cactus V6 version II (when it becomes available), would solve this problem for Fuji X-T1 users.

Regards,

Marcel
     The Netherlands

PS: I will probably buy a new version anyway, although I haven't seen confirmation that the AF assist light will work on a Fuji camera
  • If you could spare 2 weeks without using one of your V6 then send it back and we will replace it for you. The replacement process is finished in a day so we usually ship the unit back the day after first receiving your package. We use E-Express from our post office and there are daily flights so delivery is pretty quick.

Let me know what other concerns you may have.  Thank you!
    Antonio
    I'm having the same issue on my 3 cactus v6 with the i40 Nissin on an X-T1, everything with the latest updates. The cactus v6 I bought them on November 2014 in Miami, so I guess they don't have the "new hotshoe". Now I'm in Chile, so don't know how expensive will be to ship one unit to Hong Kong :(

In case I try to fix it myself what is what I'm supposed to do? File/reduce the front of the hotshoe so it can fit in more onto the camera hotshoe?
    Thanks!
  • @biuti

I replied you on the other thread:
    http://www.cactus-image.com/community/discussion/464/fuji-x-t1-ttl-pass-through-and-the-nissin-i40#latest

Check all the hot shoe connections first.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• edited July 2016
    *repost*

>> At the moment, none of our dealers have V6 with the new hot shoe so won't spot them in person.

I commented in this thread before, because of E-TTL pass-through problems
    on a Fuji X-T1. I was offered to send in my V6 trigger to get the foot
    replaced, but I decided not to do that (yet).

I would like to know if buying the new Cactus V6 version II (when it becomes available),
    would solve this problem for Fuji X-T1 users.

Regards,

Marcel
     The Netherlands

PS:
    I will probably buy a new version anyway, although I haven't seen
    confirmation that the AF assist light will work on a Fuji camera
  • Hello @marcel

Both V6 and V6 II uses the same top and bottom hot shoe. So in terms of mounting it on the X-T1 there should not be any difference.

AF-assist as you indicated is indeed a camera-led function. So there's no way we could "Forced" the AF-assist like we did for HSS :)

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hello @marcel

Both V6 and V6 II uses the same top and bottom hot shoe. So in terms of mounting it on the X-T1 there should not be any difference.

AF-assist as you indicated is indeed a camera-led function. So there's no way we could "Forced" the AF-assist like we did for HSS :)

Thank you.
    Hey @marcel, in case you haven't noticed, we have now added a new function on the V6 II - <AF CONTINUOUS>, which turns on the AF-assist light manually, and it will stay on and only turned off when a picture is taken. After 1 second it will turn back on and ready for the next shot.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager