V6 doesn't remember EV stops.

I use my v6 with 1/3 EV stops. But sometimes it resets itself to 1/1 EV stops. Cant figure out why?

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Here 2 video's. It must be a bug.

• Are you perhaps (inadvertently) using the adjustment acceleration (that allows you to change values in 1 stop steps to support quicker changes)?

Note that the latest firmware fixed a problem with the direction of the dial not being saved. I doubt there is a relationship to your problem but just in case I'd suggest to update to the latest version, if you haven't done so yet.
  • It must be the Quick Power Adjustment. Is there a way to disable this? that it is always 1/3 instead of switching with the OK button?
  • edited October 2014
    Just checked: There is a bug (EDIT: Or maybe it isn't a bug? See the following posts) that causes the EV step to be changed to 1, when you turn off the V6 while still using the adjustment accelerator.

To replicate:
    1. Set an EV step of 1/2.
    2. Engage the adjustment accelerator.
    3. Turn off the V6.
    4. Turn on the V6.

Result: The EV step is set to 1 while it should have stayed at 1/2.

To avoid the issue, exit the adjustment accelerator mode before switching off the V6.
  • edited October 2014
    Yes, but when you click OK again in changes back to 1/2. It can be confusing when your on a busy shoot like i have sometimes.

When a flash is to bright or to low, i quickly change it without looking at the lcd. but you don't know if its at 1/1 or 1/3, its too easy to change with the ok button. frustrating at a busy shoot (you don't want to focus on the settings and that little screen all the time).

This would be a great option:

SWAP CONTROL
    - QUICK POWER AD.
    - ZOOM (CACTUS)
    - DISABLE
  • There is something strange going on in the cactus with quick power adjust.

If i set EV stops to 1/2 and go back it does 1/1. when i go back in the menu it says 1/1 again. when i change it again to 1/2 and go back it is 1/1 again :S
  • I had similar problem, after resetting to manufacture settings it helped. Also if you have more then one V6 try to use other V6 as a TX.
  • It must be the Quick Power Adjustment.
    Yes, now that I had a chance to watch your video (I was using a mobile browser first), I can confirm that you are always activating the quick power adjustment before attempting to change the values.

I'm sure you know that you don't need to press the dial before making adjustments and I guess you are doing it out of habit because you typically have the V6 in "LOCK"ed mode.
  • Yes, but when you click OK again in changes back to 1/2.
    Thanks for pointing that out!

Although this may not be the most intuitive behaviour, I'd be happy to not call it a bug anymore.

Personally, I would have deactivated the quick power adjustment on power on and not have the quick power adjustment change the EV step value in the menu, but now that I know how the V6 handles it, I can live with it very well.
  • There is something strange going on in the cactus with quick power adjust.

If i set EV stops to 1/2 and go back it does 1/1. when i go back in the menu it says 1/1 again. when i change it again to 1/2 and go back it is 1/1 again :S
    I cannot reproduce that.

Are you pressing the dial (or OK button) again before you are trying to adjust levels?

Activating the quick adjustment mode will (temporarily) change the EV step to "1/1". I think that is what is happening to you.