V6 and Di622

Hi,

I have just purchased 2 pieces of cactus v6. One of my flashes is Nissin Di622. When I press the shutter button on v6 it triggers the di622 but it doesn't trigger when using transmitter even on manual flash mode. Where is the problem or is it just that di622 doesn't work with v6?

Comments

• The Nissin Di622 for Nikon is not supported by the V6 for profiling.

Do you have the version for Nikon?

Not sure what that model supports, it may be possible to trigger it with the V6. Not sure what you mean by "when using transmitter". Does the confirmation LED on the V6 receiver light up when you press the test button on the transmitter? If so, a flash attached to the receiver should fire.

If the confirmation LED does not light up, check the channel setting and whether the group is active. Also, unless you have the working range set to "SHORT", make sure the transmitter is not too close to the receiver. Otherwise, the radio communication won't work as the signal is too strong for very close proximity.
  • Hello. 

I have Nissin Di622 mk1 for Canon. When I press the test button on receiver the flash fires, but when pressing the same test button on transmitter or using camera it doesn't fire! That confuses me. Yes the confirmation LED goes green when I press the test button on transmitter or receiver and the range is now set to short, but nothing happens. Should I try to update the firmware?
  • I have Nissin Di622 mk1 for Canon. When I press the test button on receiver the flash fires, but when pressing the same test button on transmitter or using camera it doesn't fire!
    That is very odd. I've never seen this behaviour with my units.

In a way, I guess what you observe is good news, since the V6 appears to be able to fire the Nissin Di622 for Canon in principle, but apparently requires a firmware update in order to accomplish it via radio as well.
    Should I try to update the firmware?
    I'd definitely try that, if I were you.

For sure you'll get other bug fixes and potentially more features (depending on the firmware version you are currently running), and you may fix your issue straight away.

Unless you are running Win8 (several re-boots required) or a Mac (Win emulator required), updating the firmware of a V6 or RF60 is very, very easy.
  • I have now updated my v6's. Di700 (canon) works almost fine with Di866 for Canon profile! With that you can adjust the power from transmitters and of course it works as manual flash aswell. Di622 (canon) works in manual flash mode as good. But flashes blacks out after a while! They don't respond to any buttton until you do a hard reboot, take batteries out! After that they work just fine for a while again. With the latest firmwire you still can't create a custom flash profile which is a quite big minus for v6.

I'm wondering why everybody says that the v6 is the best transceiver in the market but it still have big shortages. I would love to use nissin di 700 flashes or yongnuo flashes but there is only one profile for each one. Advertisement promises you that you can use any flash with v6 but thats not true as i have told!

I think its very good product and i will use it but hopefully future updates will correct these major shortages with canon use. :)