V5 to trigger optically

Hi. I would like to ask if it is possible to trigger flash(es) optically ( infra red) by using only one V5 sitting on the camera or cactus can only be used to work as a radio trigger. I cannot make it work. Using with Canon 5DkII and 580EXII. Hope the question makes sense. Thank you for help. 

Comments

• The V5 does not use optical signals.

You need at least two V5 (or compatible) units to trigger something with a V5.
  • Ok, thanks Class A. That is what I thought. I have two of those but recently I got another 580 and was wondering if there was a way to get them both fire without getting another V5 unit. Thank you for your answer. 
  • On the other hand, the V6 can be triggered optically, but you don't need that when you have the V6 right? :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.