V6 with Metz 44 AF-1 on Panasonic FZ-200

I currently have two questions/issues:

1)  The Cactus Firmware Updater V1.13 is giving me an error when trying to update the V6 to version 1.1.007 or 1.1.006.  I can, however, update to 1.1.004.

2)  I am experiencing triggering issues.  The RX recognizes and controls the power output of the Metz flash when using the test button on the TX, but does not trigger via the camera shutter button.

• edited January 2015 PM
    I probably cannot help you with your first problem, but it is likely that others may be able to better help if you provide more information, e.g., about an error message being displayed or something else about the nature of the error.

Regarding your second issue: What camera are you using? With a Pentax DSLR, you need to make sure your shutter speed is not above 1/180s, otherwise the camera won't create a trigger signal. With other cameras, you probably should restrict your first testing to shutter speed below their respective sync-speeds as well.

Have you tried putting a flash on the hot-shoe of your camera to see whether it fires? If it does, put the camera into manual mode, confirm that the flash is firing, and then replace it with the V6. I don't see why the radio triggering shouldn't work then, unless the V6 is not sitting in the hot-shoe properly.
  • HI inmans, what do you see on your computer screen? The update just stops while the blue progress bar is moving? Any pictures or videos would give us a better understanding.

About your FZ200, with a V6 TX mounted on the hot shoe, when you release the shutter of the camera by full pressing the shutter button, do you see a green light flash on the LED status (beside the battery door)?  If you see a green light but the remote flash does not fire a flash, it's either a wireless connecction problem - channel, group, distance, interference, etc.

Does pressing the Test button on the V6 TX fire the remote flash mounted on the RX unit?

Maybe somewhere under the FZ200 menu you have to enable external flash, similar to this?

Youtube link: 

Hope it helps!
    Panasonic FZ200 flash setting.PNG
    636 x 387 - 148K
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • Regarding first issue (firmware update).  I am still having problems and will post a video with the error in the next couple days.  The blue progress bar starts to load, but then the text states error and the update stops.

Regarding the second (triggering) problem.  I am not sure what it was, but I disconnected everything, from the camera and flash, re-installed all the batteries, reconnected, and fired up and now it seems to be working.  I think it might have been the hot-shoe connection.  Probably user error.