V6 with V5's

I have a bunch of Cactus V5 transceivers. Can I buy one V6 (used as a transmitter) and use my V5s as

the receivers on my speedlites? Do I still have manual power control?

Comments

• You can use the V5s as triggers in combination with a V6, but they don't support power control.
  • @mbubel  no remote power control as Class A pointed out.

Also, each V5 will be triggered in any of the 4 groups, A B C and D.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I have the other question; can I use a V5 to trigger a set of V6's?  I'm thinking of having additional TX for use by others but don't want them adjusting flash power.  I know, there is now a lock function on the V6, but can a V5 be used?
  • Yes, you can trigger V6 Rx (receiver) with a V5. All active V6 Rx will fire, no matter what group they are in.

You can thus use your V6 Tx (transmitter) to determine which V6 Rx will be fired through a V5 by activating / deactiving the respective group with your V6 Tx.
  • OK this is so good for my mft issue that V6 is way too big. I would prefer setting power levels with a V6 Tx and only trigger with the smaller V5 on the camera. I understand this works?
  • @dpservis: Yes, it works.

However, the V5 isn't really significantly smaller than a V6. The V6 is in fact shorter, but wider.
  • OK thanks, didn't know that, never had a V5... It would be great to have a small trigger only device but I guess one can only make them that small
  • It could be smaller if it isn't a transceiver.. and without an LCD, and without so many buttons? :)

I think it would be similar to the Cactus V4 Receiver if there really is one?
    http://store.cactus-image.com/cactus-v4-wireless-flash-receiver/
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Yes, the V4 was really small, but it isn't compatible with the V6, nor the V5.

If one wants remote power control then the only option are V6 receivers and then a V6 transceiver on camera makes the most sense as a V5 is almost as big.