Yongnuo YN568EX (II) and Nikon

I have seen under the Canon compatibility that the Yongnuo YN568EX (II) is fine but it is not listed under the Nikon, even though they can be used on Nikon too. Does this mean the Cactus V6 isn't compatible with the Yongnuo YN568EX (II) when it's on a Nikon, just a Canon?

• edited April 2015 PM
    The Yongnuo YN568EX (II) comes in different flavours. The two most prominent ones are dedicated to Canon and dedicated to Nikon respectively.

Only the "for Canon" version is officially supported by the V6 with respect to power level control.

The "for Nikon" version of the Yongnuo YN568EX (II) can probably be triggered by the V6 and maybe it even supports some power level control when using a different Nikon-dedicated profile, but I wouldn't assume any of that.

Perhaps another Nikon user or Cactus can comment on the extent to which a "for Nikon" version of the Yongnuo YN568EX (II) will work with a V6.
  • Thanks Class A. Fingers crossed someone with one can shed some light. Don't really fancy buying another two SB-910 to match what I have.
  • Hey @DW01 the Nikon version of YN-568EXII is not compatible unfortunatley.

If you are only looking for an additional off camera flash unit, why not just get the Cactus RF60?  It's just as powerful as an SB-900.  FYI at a recent workshop we tested it to be even more powerful than the Nikon. ;)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • Thanks Antonio

Not annoying at all to buy three V6's to then work out you could have bought the flash unit with it in haha. Back to the shop....
  • edited December 2015 PM
    Antonio said:

Hey @DW01 the Nikon version of YN-568EXII is not compatible unfortunatley.

But the SB-700 profile appears to work with it.
  • Class A, can you confirm that the SB-700 profile works with the version 2 (II) of the YN-568EXII ?

The forum link you provided discusses the plain YN-568EX not the II version as being compatible with the SB-700 profile.
  • Unfortunately, I bought and received and tested the YN-568EX using the SB-700 profile and it doesn't work. I even programmed the flash profile on the Cactus V6, and even though it allowed me to register the flash on a new profile, when I tested it, the power control did not work at all. No matter what power selected, the flash powered at the same power each time.