Panasonic GH4 Shutter Release Issues

I have a pair of V6 transmitters and the Panasonic cable to go with my GH4 which I have encountered two problems with.

1. Auto focus doesn't seem to work with half press of the shutter release button on the V6. A full press will release the shutter and take the picture but I'm limited to just using manual focus and pre-focusing the camera. This problem isn't a huge deal for me.

2. Bulb mode doesn't seem to work at all. I have the camera set to bulb and when I press and hold the release on the V6 it just opens the shutter for a very short period of time. If I keep holding the button the the V6 it will then continue to take several shots at the same short shutter duration. Once the transmitter displays that it is in bulb mode I can let go of the button and it stops taking pictures but doesn't leave the shutter open. This one is pretty frustrating since it is a feature I would like to use.

Other than those two faults which I'm hoping are my own user error I am very impressed with these units and the RF60 flash. Keep up the good work!

• Make sure you're not using the electronic (silent) shutter.
  • Thanks for the suggestion but I am not using the electronic shutter.
    Any other ideas?