Why can not I set the shutter faster than 1 / 125s in pentax 645z of the body?

Why can not I set the shutter faster than 1 / 125s in pentax 645z of the body? Once a shutter speed of 1/160, cited flash device can not be triggered? It seems there is no transmitter signal and 645Z body to communicate? This is a compatibility problem? Or in the 645Z's body can not achieve more than 1 / 125s shutter speed? I have bought a V6 but can not use the high-speed sync, I was just collapsed. Did I set the problem? Or you do not have this type adaptation 645z?

Comments

• The 645Z's sync-speed is 1/125s. You cannot use faster shutter speeds than that and still use standard flashes. That's a limitation of the camera and the V6 does not lift this limitation.

There are two approaches to use faster shutter speeds while using flash:
    1. Use an HSS-capable flash connected to the camera. This will allow the use of higher shutter speeds and then you can use optical triggering of a nearby V6. Hopefully, the respective section in my V6 review is helpful.
    2. Trigger the camera and flashes at the "same" time. This approach does not need any P-TTL equipment, but a shutter release cable.