X100T, Off-Camera Flash - Different Sync Speeds in Manual vs TTL Passthrough?

This one's odd to me:

Assuming I have a flash on my X100T and off camera flashes as well, all on V6's.

1) If the on-camera V6 is set to TTL Passthrough and the on-camera flash is set to TTL, everything works as expected up through 1/60 second shutter speed. Above that, the on camera flash works just fine, but the off camera flash (although it fires) does not show up in the image.

2) If, however, I set the on-camera flash to manual and adjust it manually - without changing any other settings - I easily am able to Sync up to at least 1/500s.

Any ideas as to cause or solution?

Comments

• Have you enabled TTL pass through on your V6 TX unit?
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. So for all other systems (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • @Antonio To clarify, yes, I have. :) The behavior is just weird!
  • Hi there
    I have two cactus flashes anf one v6 and sony a77ll syn speed is 250th of sec. when
    I was using the flashes off camrea I could not go up to 250th or I
    would get a black line at the top at 200th it was fine.
    When I use
    them on the camrea I could go 320th of a sec . witch I found strange
    sence the syn speed is 250th of a sec. could anyone help me?
    I was shooting in doors in both cases with a 28 to 85 lens.
    I did make sure that the flash delay was off.
    I did try putting the v6 in ttl passthrough and that seams to fix the problem.
    with the v6 on the camera and the flash mounted on it I could only go to 200th and when I put the ttl on I can go to 320th sec but off 250th
    love the units just found this a little strange.
  • @Dave  This is likely a Sony thing.

Despite A77II and A99 says x-sync is 1/250, we have Sony friends who tested them to be still 1/160, same with all their other cameras.

@Orangish  Is there any shutter type options available on the X100T?
    And what flash modle are you using in your setup?

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. So for all other systems (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.