HSS dongle for V6, that will support different manufactures

Hi All:

Well I have been thinking about the HSS issue and I was wondering if there could be made a dongle that will go on top of the V6 that will act as a HSS enabled flash or a trigger, but it will also featured changeable manufacture HSS info., so if you use Nikon you set it to Nikon and if Canon you set it to Canon, Sony to Sony, etc. Via little LCD read out or led indicators. So basically just like you can store info on flashes and their power this dongle will have stored HSS info of different manufactures and if possible it will communicate directly with V6 via hot shoe or via shot cable. I am not sure if this is possible but maybe something worth looking into. :D     

Comments

• Hello @mirekkfp

We have been thinking about it as well, for some time now, and the good news is - technically the fix is already in the works!

Thank you for your suggestion. Keep them coming! :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • Hello @Antonio:

That is a great news, thanks for responding and the info. Hopefully we could be enjoying this product soon, which would be awesome. :)

• Hi Guys:

How are you? I hope great with lots of inspiration and new tech. :D I understand that new tech needs time but I was hoping after 8 months you might have some idea as to the some of the ideas we have shared here. Can you guys give us some news, rumors on what is happening in the development of the new tech?? :D
  • Hi @mirekkfp

Thanks for the nudge.  We are going through a phase of debugging and it is longer than we expected, but at least it is finally close to completion (the debugging part). You shall hear updates in the coming months!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • Hi @Antonio :

Thanks for the update, I wish you speedy debugging and hope you will have some competition to Goddox and Phottix for Sony cameras as they are releasing new equipment for the Sony systems. Soooo looking forward to some updates. :D
  • Hi Sir,
    I;m just new here. I purchase Cactus trigger V6 just last year Oct, Since know I have a hard time using it. I'm using Canon 6D and my two speedlights are Canon 580II and Youngnuo 600EX-RT. I have a hard time synchronising it. And another one how can I use Highspeed sync using my Canon 6D? I hope you can help me. Thanks.

Akoito
  • edited March 25 PM
    Hi Akoito,

it would be better if you started your own thread on your topic, rather than adding to this thread that is unrelated to your question.

Have you had a look at Brian Hursey's guide to using HSS with a Canon camera and the V6?

In case you cannot access Brian's website either: He had posted his approach using another HSS-capable trigger at DPReview as well.

In one of the posts he wrote:
    "The way I am doing it now is the YN622C on the camera hot shoe. The v6 on top of that connected by sync cord.  The v6 receives the pre sync for hss via sync cord and triggers the RF60's in HSS mode."
  • Dear team,

I just found your community and I'm very interested in the cactus system, especially if you can provide a simple HSS solution for the MFT system in the future. Up to now, there is nothing like yn, phottix or godox for CaNi available for MFT
    If you can provide a HSS "on" function for the MFT camera like an original flash will do and a bunch of speedlite flashes can radio remote controlled manually with HSS I will order at once!
  • rbecker said:

If you can provide a HSS "on" function for the MFT camera like an original flash will do and a bunch of speedlite flashes can radio remote controlled manually with HSS I will order at once!

Have a look at this announcement of the V6 Mk II.
    If the V6II will continue to support MFT then it seems it will be the solution you need.