New firmware forgetting settings

Dear all,

I am very happy with The v6's however, since i updated to The latest firmware (ending on .10) it behaves strange. I set The v6 to The correct profile and shoot. Everything works. If i turn them off and then on again The flashes wont charge themselves and The trigger wont flash, not even when using The test button. If i set The correct profile again The flash starts charging The capacitator again and everything works again.

How can this be? Is there a way to return The triggers back to The previous firmware, versio n .09?

Thanks in advance. I more info is needed, i am happy to provide it!

Jaap

Comments

• Thank you @Jaap I have forwarded your message to our R&D team.

About going back to the previous firmware version, you simply need to select a previous version inside the Updater Program.

Thanks again and I will get back to you ASAP!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • @Jaap, we are unable to reproduce the things you described on your V6 on the firmware version 1.1.010.

Do you have more information on your setup? Like when you switch the V6 back, is the 600EX flash profile still selected?  Have you already tried switching to other channels? What's the distance between the TX and RX units?

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • @Antonio , I have made a video, showing my setup and what exactly goes wrong. I'll try to upload it here. If you need more info, please don't hessitate to ask!

Jaap
  • That didn't work so well... I'll post a dropboxlink so you can see The video there.
  • Thanks @Jaap

I forwarded your video to our R&D team and will get back to you as soon as we can.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • @Jaap

Problem is fixed with the latest firmware, version 1.1.013.

Open the Updater program and click "Check for Latest Firmware" and you will see it.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager