Battery drain ruining batteries

Seems like the Cactus V6 units randomly drain the battery power when the units are switched off. Not always, but sometimes. Pity, as I now have two sets of ruined Eneloops.

Would be nice to get a statement from Cactus regarding this issue, maybe beyond the "your unit must be faulty please send it back" type of comment.

Nice triggers, sometimes a bit of a pain to get set up and working properly, but this battery drain issue is not nice. I think after losing two sets of Eneloops I will now hopefully remember to remove them in future when I do use the Cactus triggers...

• Yeah, it is a bummer that the V6 drains the batteries, even when switched off.

It is only a small amount, but enough to warrant opening the battery compartment when not using the units.

I don't think your units are faulty. Mine do it as well and Cactus have confirmed somewhere that this is normal.

Hopefully, a future model will feature a hard "OFF" switch, just like the one featured on the RF60.

P.S.: I never lost Eneloops to the V6 draining issue. Yours must have been almost depleted and then left in the V6 for a long time to receive actual damage.
  • edited July 2015 PM
    Perhaps one of your units is indeed defective and draws an extraordinary amount of current, even when switched off?

If you have a digital ampere-meter, perhaps you can measure all your V6 units -- just replace the function of the battery door with your ampere-meter -- and see whether they differ in the "OFF"-current they are drawing.

The normal amount should probably not kill any Eneloops, but if you have a defective unit, it may be an explanation.

Not that I'm happy with the normal amount of current being drawn -- it really should be 0A -- but perhaps a defect would explain your experience.
  • Yes please remove them, as we did mentioned:

"Switch off the transceiver and remove  batteries during storage."

Thanks for your understanding but to let you know R&D already knows about this and we will continuously improve our products for a better user experience.
    Cactus V6 Cautions and Warnings.PNG
    676 x 804 - 48K
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • Thanks.

Class A - Eneloop battery technology doesn't like being totally drained flat. 
  • I also have recently "killed" 8 Eneloop batteries leaving them in my V6 triggers with the power turned off!! Too bad I didn't read this first!!!