Firmware Updater Won't Run Because Of Missing dll

I installed the Firmware Updater V1.13  for the V6 on my W8 and W7 computers ( I know about the unsigned drivers and installed the software anyway). When I connect the V6 to either computer and turn it on, the Firmware Updater does not automatically start. If I try to start the Updater manually,  I immediately get an error message that "The program can't start because MSVCR120D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." 

I removed the Updater, downloaded a new copy, reinstalled the new copy, and get the same problem (on both of my W8 and W7 computers).

• Thanks @tjb123

I will pass your report to our R&D team immediately.

Your patience during this time is much appreciated.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • edited July 2015 PM
    @tjb123 It appears that for some reason your computer harddrive is missing that DLL file.

This file is not included as part of the updater program.

Please refer to image below for the location, and the DLL file itself for your download.

Thanks and I hope this helps!
    Community missing dll.PNG
    180 x 46 - 4K
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • @Antonio,

I have the exact same problem as @tjb123
    @tjb123 mentionned msvcr120D.dll and your .rar contains msvcr120.dll , which is not the same name.

Could you post msvcr120D.dll and its location?

• Sure!  Please find it below.

I have included both 32-bit and 640bit versions in the zip.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • Thanks very much! I loaded the dll and was able to run the Updater to update my V6's.

• The application works for me now.
  • Great to hear it worked!

Interesting though that my Win7 doesn't have this "D" version so I had to grab it from my colleague's machine.

Thanks guys!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • That "D" in the filename denotes it was compiled with debug information. Please ask your developers to compile them without the debug information if it is intended for public release.
  • Thanks for your suggestions, @MaxXx
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager