Red Status Indicator Continue to blink after Firmware Update

Hi Everyone,

I'm a first time poster here and i'm trying to find a solution for this problem that I have.

I have tried to update my cactus v6 to the latest firmware version 1.1.013. After the update the status indicator continue to blink red. I put in fresh batteries thinking that the batteries might be low, but it continues to blink red. Turning in on and off to TX or RX didn't make any difference. No matter what buttons I push red blinking continues. It seems like the transceiver is empty of firmware. Any advice/suggestions on what to do to bring back the original firmware before the update. Maybe after getting it back I can then update the firmware to the latest one? Thanks much.

• Hi @ray35

Have you tried taking out the batteries and unplugged the USB cable from the computer?

It should stop blinking once there's no power.

Then with the V6 mode switch in OFF position, connect it to the computer via USB cable, press MENU button as you switch on the V6 (either TX or RX mode). And try installing the latest firmware.

See if this helps?

Thanks and please let us know how you get on.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • Hi Antonio,

Thanks for responding. I did exactly what you said. After the update was completed I switch it off, unplugged it from my computer put in new set of batteries, turn it on and nothing. It continues to blink red. I didn't get the usual orange glow on the LCD display. It's like the firmware was erased.

The updater can see it when it's plugged via USB and I even tried the lower version 1.1.010. It would finish the update in a flash. It was so quick like nothing happened. But it said firmware updated completed when the updater was finished updating.

Is there a way I can get back the firmware/software and install it manually? Thanks
  • Let me check with the R&D team and get back to you!

FYI they are at the factory today and will return next week.

Thanks for your understanding during this time.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • One thing you may try in the meantime is to restart your computer, and repeat the udpating process. 

Once you plugged in your V6, you can also see if your computer recognizes it. Let us know and we will go from there.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • Hi Antonio,

I have done that many times. My computer can see the attached cactus v6 as indicated by "connected" in the updater. I can even see it on the device manager and did the uninstall and install of the .inf file, then run the updater again, clicking on the update button. Result is the same. If I can only have the original driver that was in the V6 I maybe able to install it manually. Or, I may have a defective device? What's puzzling though is it was working fine before the update.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your responses. It gives me hope and confidence that your team will fine a fix for this issue.

• After checking with our R&D team your device was likely corrupted during the updating process. It's the first time such a thing happened on the V6. It is possible but just very rare this would happen.  You will have to return to where you purchased it or directly with us for a replacement.

I would prefer the latter so we can diagnose the unit. Here's our address:

Harvest One Limited
    9D On Shing Industrial Building,
    2-16 Wo Liu Hang Road,
    Fo Tan,

When you return it, I would suggest to bubble wrap the V6 without original packaging and send it back in a bubble jiffy bag.

Feel free to email me at

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • @ray35 Please HOLD from sending it back!! 
    The R&D team is working on a fix!

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • Here's the fix -  Download the new Updater V2.01:

Let us know if it works!  Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager
  • Hi Antonio,

B&H was able to replace the device for me. Awesome service from B&H! I downloaded your updater in case this happens again.

Many thanks!

• That's fab news, @ray35!

Let us know if you need further assistance :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager