Learning a new flash profile

edited August 2015 in V6 Questions
Sorry for my bad english. I have a Flash: Metz 64 AF-1 for Olympus. If I try to let the V6 learn the Profile, it doesn't work because the only Systems that are shown in the menue are Canon, Nikon and Pentax.
How can I let the V6 learn the Profile? Or can I use another Profile that is shown under "Olympus"?

Greetings
Roger

Comments

• edited August 2015 PM
    Hello Roger,

Olympus is not shown on the list because all their flashes are pure-digital TTL only so they cannot be learned and is not compatible with the V6, unfortunately.

FYI most of these digital-only TTL flash requires a constant signal feed from the camera. This is something the V6 is not meant to do as a manual flash trigger, despite its abilities to control (analogue) TTL flash models.

In the future we plan to support these digital-only flashes but this requires new hardware in order to make it possible.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello Antonio,

thank you for your quick answer.
    In the pre-installed profile-list is the Metz 58 AF-1 for Olympus. Can I use this Profile with the Metz 64 AF-1 and a Olympus OM-D EM 1?
    I also have two other flashes: Metz 52 AF-1 for Nikon and Sigma EF 530 DG ST for Nikon.
    Can I use these two flashes with my new Olympus camera? Therefore I bought 3 cactus V6.

Thank you and greetings

Roger
  • Only the newer Olympus flashes like the FL-600R are pure-digital, the older FL-36R and FL-50R are not and can control the light output through the V6 -- profiles exist for them in the firmware. I don't know whether the Metz 64 AF-1 is all-digital, but it might be possible to control its light output using the V6 as well.

Profiling should be system-agnostic as long as the flash is a analog TTL flash.
  • Hi Roger,

We haven't tried selecting another Olympus profile for the 64 AF-1. since you have both the flash and V6 just give it a try, it won't harm the neither of the devices.

We haven't tested the Metz 52 AF-1, again since you have the V6 already you can quickly try it by using another Nikon's Metz profile such as the 50 AF-1.

Sigma's 530 DG ST should not be supported because we have only listed the DG Super. You can certainly try and confirm it.

Thank you.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I just happen to read this thread.  

By coincidence, I also have two Metz 64 AF-1 flashes (love it) and the E-M1.  The Cactus V6 will not work other than as a simple trigger - no ability to control the flash manual output.  

The other profiles already in the Cactus v6 that are Metz don't work - I know...I tried and also have had numerous email exchange with Cactus and they confirmed it would not.

Cactus tells me that a new generation of v6 will be out winter 2015 that will include the Metz 64 AF-1.  Let's hope so.  

I returned my 3 units to B&H and await the new generation with great anticipation.

All the best...
  • Thanks for the message @azjsb
    I hope to bring you good news soon!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager