How can I install Cactus V6 firmware updater on Windows 8?
Before installing the Updater / connecting your Cactus device, you need to disable the Signed Driver Enforcement (also known as digital signature) on your Windows 8.
- Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the letter C to open the Charm menu, then click the gear icon (Settings).
- Click More PC Settings.
- Click General.
- Under Advanced Startup, click Restart Now. (NOTE: In Windows 8.1, the ‘Restart Now’ button has moved to ‘PC Setting -> Update & Recovery -> Recovery.’)
- After restarting, click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Windows Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- After restarting your computer a second time, choose Disable driver signature enforcement from the list by typing the number 7 on your keyboard. (Your computer will restart automatically.)
- After restarting, you will be able to install the Cactus Firmware Updater normally; however, Windows will display a warning message. When the warning appears, click Install this driver software anyway.