Samsung NX30

This discussion was created from comments split from: Flash models supported by predefined profiles.
Antonio Lao
Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 

Comments

• Hi I bought 3 V6 triggers My 2 speedlights are Godox 560c and Yongnou 585
    I try to connect them to my Samsung NX30 but the V6  shuts down my Camera and I have to remove the camera  battery for a few hours before it will turn on again??

I have updated to the latest firmware on all 3 triggers with same results.

I am afraid of breaking My Camera can you advise me as to why the Samsung does not play nicely with your system??
    My pocket wizards work flawlessly,
    so 3 triggers that are useless to me at the present time......
    Lez.... 
  • Hello @leskent

I suspect that one of the hot shoe contact pins on the Samsung NX was in contact with the V6 and resulted a short circuit.

I would suggest to adjust your camera shooting mode to in M mode, and use masking tape to cover up all the hot shoe contacts except the centre - i.e. the four (4) smaller contacts, and leaving only the big one in the centre.

FYI, your PW works simply because it's a basic manual trigger - having only the centre hot shoe pin.

Thank you and please let us know if the above test works.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.