Fuji X-T1, Nikon SB700 and V6 on camera

Hello,

I wanted to use the SB700 on camera with the V6, so that I could control the flashpower with the V6 instead of using the flash control panel. Whatever I try, it does not work.

I put the V6 in RX mode, but then I cannot change the power output. When I use TX mode, depending on how I position the flash, the flash works, but I cannot change the power. If I slide the V6 completely on the hotshoe, the flash act as if it was fired when I take a picture, but the flash is fired.

I tried in TTL mode and normal mode.

When I use 2 V6 in RX and TX mode, everything works and I can control the power.

Is what I would like to accomplish, impossible or am I missing something?

PS: I also used the correct sequence to power-up flash-V6 and the camera.

Comments

• Hello @FrankVerheyen

Sorry for the delay in replying.

What you described is possible if I got your idea right. If you want to control an on-camera flash power output you will need to press and hold the MENU button as you adjust the dial.

I found this video that you may find helpful:

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio,
    No problem. This is exactly what I asked for. I tried it right away, and it works.
    Thanks for your support!
    Frank.
  • Glad to hear that, Frank.
    Let me know if you need anything else!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.