Help with Sony A7ii, Please

I bought four Cactus V6s, one to use as TX on top of a Sony A7ii, three to use on Nikon SB-910s as RX.

The V6s talk to each other, and fire the flash with the TEST button, but the flash will not fire when I press the A7ii shutter button. I have tried the A7ii in both WIRELESS and FILL FLASH modes. Is the problem the weird A7ii "multi" hot shoe, or something else?

Comments

• The V6 should be compatible with the A7II. See for instance, this photo, showing a V6 on a A7II.

Can you make an SB-910 fire when its mounted directly on the camera (using manual mode for the flash)? If not, it is a problem with the A7II configuration.

If the SB-910 fires then the V6 should work as well. If it still does not work then perhaps try to pull it back very slightly after having it pushed into the hot-shoe in order to align the centre pin with the respective contact in the hot-shoe. On some camera models this appears to be necessary.
  • Hi @Beban
    I replied you on the other thread.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Nope. Can't make the SB-910 fire in the A7ii hot shoe

Can you make an SB-910 fire when its mounted directly on the camera (using manual mode for the flash)? If not, it is a problem with the A7II configuration.
  • Sorry, Class A, I can't figure out how to quote properly.  The answer is, no, SB-910 doesn't work mounted in the Sony hot shoe.
  • And I wiggled the flash in and out, pressing the shutter every millimeter or so, and at no point does it seem a contact is made.
  • edited December 2015
    Sorry, Class A, I can't figure out how to quote properly.  The answer is, no, SB-910 doesn't work mounted in the Sony hot shoe.
    Hmmh, to me that indicates a problem with the hardware of the camera or at least its configuration.

Let's just continue in the other thread.
  • Long story short, Class A, it's a defective hot shoe. More on the other thread.