How to trigger nissin i40 off the camera with v6

Hi everyone, I recenly buyed v6. I am fuji user (X-T10), and I have nissin i40. How I can fire i40 wirelessly of the camera? I cant find its profile in the v6..... some suggestions?

Comments

• Hi. Don't know if your question is still relevant. 
    Yan can use the triggers with the i40. but only in "manual flash" mode. You have to set the power  on the flash itself.
    the V6 is a bit of overkill for that, but it does work. 

Pitty there is no support from Cactus here. 
  • @dontgiveacake sorry for missing your message!

@Steven_nl thanks for reviving this thread :)

The Nissin i40 (for all camera systems including the Fuji version) runs on pure-digital TTL protocols which is not fully supported on the current V6.

If you plan on keeping your i40 for off-camera flash and not getting a dedicated flash to do that (such as the Cactus RF60) you may consider getting the upcoming V6 II. FYI we are still testing it so far it seems the i40 is working well!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.