External power pack for RF60?

What type of external power pack is compatible with the RF60? (ie: what is the connector and what are the power specs?)

Also, how does using external power affect recycle times? (aside from # of pops)

Comments

  • edited June 2014 PM
    mbanas said:

    What type of external power pack is compatible with the RF60? (ie: what is the connector and what are the power specs?)
    I don't know the power specs, but the connector type is Canon-compatible.

    EDIT: Just found two figures from the EP-1 specs:
    • Power output: 12V;
    • Flash recycle time at maximum power: approximately 2s (with fully charged Ni-MH rechargeable batteries);
    The output voltage seems wrong though, because I believe the connector is for a high voltage power pack. I hope someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
    mbanas said:

    Also, how does using external power affect recycle times? (aside from # of pops)
    That depends on the power pack. Some have faster recycling times than others but need a break after short while in order to avoid overheating.

  • when connecting the battery pack is displayed E3 flash and does not allow access to any function
  • Hello efe9

    Did your RF60 function properly without external battery pack?
    Ray Chan

    Marketing Specialist, Customer Service


    Cactus®
    Harvest One Limited
  • Class A said:

    mbanas said:

    What type of external power pack is compatible with the RF60? (ie: what is the connector and what are the power specs?)
    I don't know the power specs, but the connector type is Canon-compatible.

    EDIT: Just found two figures from the EP-1 specs:
    • Power output: 12V;
    • Flash recycle time at maximum power: approximately 2s (with fully charged Ni-MH rechargeable batteries);
    The output voltage seems wrong though, because I believe the connector is for a high voltage power pack. I hope someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
    Thank you Class A for pointing it out. The output voltage should be 330V. We will update the spec accordingly.

    Cheers!
    Ray Chan

    Marketing Specialist, Customer Service


    Cactus®
    Harvest One Limited
  • Can I use an alternative canon compatible external power pack with the RF60? (I'm thinking of the  Interfit Strobies ProFlash Battery Pack)
  • brian1208 said:

    Can I use an alternative canon compatible external power pack with the RF60? (I'm thinking of the  Interfit Strobies ProFlash Battery Pack)

    Yes, you can give it try. It probably will work with RF60.
    Ray Chan

    Marketing Specialist, Customer Service


    Cactus®
    Harvest One Limited
  • thanks for the prompt response Ray
Sign In or Register to comment.