using rf60 with optical and radio flashes

i'd like to use some rf60 flashes with my sony cameras and flashes. if i'm runing several sony flashes in ttl, could i set on rf60 to be triggered optically by a sony flash and have that same rf60 flash fire several other rf60 flashes by radio (not line of sight)? if so, i'll be loading up on rf60 flashes!

Comments

• edited June 2014 PM

if i'm runing several sony flashes in ttl, could i set on rf60 to be triggered optically by a sony flash and have that same rf60 flash fire several other rf60 flashes by radio (not line of sight)?

Yes, you can.

You'd have to put one RF60 into master mode and enable optical triggering (on the pre-flash or the main flash). You can then use the RF60's master control to set the power and zoom settings of other slave RF60 and the master will trigger all slave RF60 that belong to activated groups whenever it receives an optical trigger signal.

I don't have any Sony equipment, but I'm assuming that the pre-flash suppression of the RF60 will also work for Sony's optical protocol. If you can make the Sony flash fire without any pre-flash then you'll be 100% OK because the RF60 can then just trigger on a single flash without the need for pre-flash suppression.