No set profile for the HVL-F32M?

Hi there!

My system works alright without it but I was wondering why there's no built in profile for the HVL-F32M that a large portion of us with Sony flash systems have.

Before the Cactus V6 iis, a common thing would be a HVL-F32M on the camera hotshoe to set off other stronger flashes like the F43M and F60M, since this was the smallest flash to support HSS.

I'm glad to now use the F32M as my background flash but would have had a happier time if there was a dedicated profile for it from the get-go.

Thanks much!

-Oz

Comments

• Hey Oz,

The simple reason is we don't have one to profile it :)

But did you know you could create your own dedicated profile?

We now have the Profile Editor, where you can set the GN of your flash and saved a custom profile on your V6 IIs.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Here's a preview of the Profile Editor.
    9d70c143fbae4e5d027a9971dc31dd.jpg
    Profile Editor 1.0 - V6IIs.JPG
    739 x 835 - 81K
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Antonio said:

Hey Oz,

The simple reason is we don't have one to profile it :)

But did you know you could create your own dedicated profile?

We now have the Profile Editor, where you can set the GN of your flash and saved a custom profile on your V6 IIs.

Haha! I was thinking that might be the reason.

However, those of us who have been shooting Sony for a while using the flash based triggers would most likely have the F32M. If Cactus included the profile, it would save a large portion of Sony users some time, and likely add to their overall happiness with the V6iis system. 

Cheers!

-Oz

• ...those of us who have been shooting Sony for a while using the flash based triggers would most likely have the F32M. If Cactus included the profile, it would save a large portion of Sony users some time, and likely add to their overall happiness with the V6iis system. 

Sure!  But I wonder how much a difference is there in terms of power outputs between an AUTO Sony profile vs a specific Sony profile. I'd be interested to find out too. Maybe I should do some AB test with the F60M or one of the Metz units. :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hmm, that's a good question. I think it really came down to me really wanting recognition for my poor F32M.
  • F32M is a nice little flash. Though I have used it but I almost bought it for travels. Ended up bringing the rather bulky RF60. ;)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi there!

It's true, I use the RF60 all the time, but the F32M is smaller and it seems a little more durable.
  • Hi there!

It's true, I use the RF60 all the time, but the F32M is smaller and it seems a little more durable.
    Sure, but recently I have been playing with Sigma's EF630 and that one looks and feels really durable. Good old Made in Japan too!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager