v6 II synchronize with RF 60

I do not get v6 II synchronize with the FR60, I have the version v6 and sync seamlessly with the version II but I can not. Could you help me. Thank you

Comments

• Hi @juan

We will release a new firmware version for the V6 in October.
    New firmware on the RF60 will not work with the V6 on the current firmware.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I have just purchased the Cactus V611 & the Cactus RF60. I have updated both to the latest software. The flash works when the test button is pressed, the flash will fire when it is fitted on top of the V611 but the flash will not fire remotely using the V611. I have the flash set on S Mode. The above issue happen when the V611 is on or off camera. My Camera is a Fuji X-t1. Has anybody any advice or do i have a faulty product. Regards  Dave
  • Does fully pressing the test button -- there is a half-press action first -- on the V6II fire the RF60?

If not, check the following:

* Channel settings have to be the same on both devices. Try a factory reset.

* The RF60's group must be active on the V6II. Best to keep all groups active for testing.

* RF60 firmware update was successful? The version number you see when pressing "Next" while turning on the RF60 must be at least "V2.0".

* Are the devices too close to each other? Try the "SHORT" work range option of the V6II.

Perhaps also consult the troubleshooting sections of the manuals. There might be more tips.

• Hi @dave_hill, please also check my reply on this thread:

http://www.cactus-image.com/community/discussion/comment/2409/#Comment_2409

Hope it helps!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi i followed your instructions from the thread above.  The V6 ii recognised the camera but the flash would not fire either mounted on the V6 or remotely when i pressed the shutter on the camera. the flash would fire when pressing the test button on the v6 but only when mounted on the V6ii. I still cannot control the flash from the V6ii.
    The channel settings are the same on both.
    I have carried out a factory reset twice and install the latest software.
    i have the V6ii set on short range with at least a metre between the flash 7& the V6ii

Dave
  • Hello Dave,

DId you manually selected FUJIFILM or does it displays "AUTO (FUJIFILM)"?

When you mount the V6 II on your X-T1 make sure it is fully inserted.

The hot shoe contact pins on Fujifilms are very small by comparison so a tiny twitch may off-centered the alignment.

After LEARN HSS, does the V6 II jumps back to the main screen?

Did you push in the Adjustment Dial to turn on Forced HSS?

Please also try reinstalling the firmware on the RF60 if it still does not work.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing your test results.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi Antonio
    The display shows 'AUTO (FUJIFILM)'
    After LEARN HSS the V6 ll returns back to main screen.
    I pushed in the adjustment dial to turn on Forced HSS.
    I have re-install the firmware twice.

the flash will not fire when using the V6 ll
  • What is the firmware version number that shows when you press "Next" while turning on the RF60?

I know you updated the software but I think it is worth checking whether that was really successful and/or what version you updated to.

Does the RF60 respond to changes in power level on the V6II?

If you have the RF60 in slave mode on the same channel and it does not respond to power level changes or zoom setting changes done one a V6 (II) then it appears the radio module of the RF60 is broken.

• the flash will not fire when using the V6 ll
    Thank you, @dave_hill

Have you also re-install / re-update the firmware on the RF60 flash?

While I was helping antoher X-T1 we found out it was the RF60 firmware that was causing the problem.

We are confident that it is a firmware issue as we tested each and every unit prior shipping to our dealers.

Your understanding is very much appreciated. Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi Antonio The current firmware on the RF60 is 202. I have reinstalled the firmware which is currently at 202. The same problem is still there.
  • Thanks Dave,

Is your X-T1 set to:
    1. Single Shot
    2. Mechanical Shutter

You can also check if the Status LED on the V6 II blinks green when you release shutter on the camera.

Thank you.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• The camera is set to single shot and the mechanical shutter and the green light blinks green when i take a photo. As i have said previously not only does the cactus equipment not work when connected to the camera, the V6 ll will not remotely change the flash settings on or off camera. I use other brands of flash equipment and have no issues when connected to the camera.

Dave
  • Hello Dave,

Thanks for the info. I am very surprise to hear this:
    ... the V6 ll will not remotely change the flash settings on or off camera.
    So before we check the connection between your Fujifilm camera and the V6 II, please go through the steps below:
    1. Hold the V6 II in your hand without mounting it to the camera
    2. Set V6 II to TX mode.
    3. Set it to channel 7.
    4. Set to Short Range mode.
    5. Turn on all four groups, A B C and D.
    6. Switch on the RF60.
    7. Set RF60 to channel 7.
    8. Set it to one of the group, for example, to Group A.
    9. Check both V6 II and RF60 and see if you have set any radio IDs, if not check if both are 0000.
    10. Keep RF60 at around 1 meter away from the V6 II.
    11. Now change the power setting of the RF60 by rotating the Dial on the V6 II left and right and check if the RF60 make the changes accordingly.
    12. Full press the Test Button on the V6 II and see if a flash is fired on the RF60.
    Thank you and I look forward  to your test results.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi Antonio I have returned the kit to your suppliers as i cannot get them to work.

Dave
  • Hi Antonio. Just to let you know your suppliers identified the RF60 as being faulty & are sending out a replacement.

Dave
  • Hi Antonio. Just to let you know your suppliers identified the RF60 as being faulty & are sending out a replacement.

Dave

We shall inspect the faulty unit when it is returned to us.

Thank you again for your understanding during this.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Turned out to be a faulty flash not a firmware or user problem