V6II and light meter problem

edited August 2016 in V6 II Problems
I have both V6 and V6II and my light meter is Sekonic L-308S. I use the light meter with cordless flash mode. When I use V6 as trigger and receiver, the light meter works fine and accurate after I remotely change flash output and push V6 test button. But when I use V6II, the light meter's reading remains the same after I remotely adjust the flash output (the flash output dose change). I think the light meter is interfered by pre-flash signal or something. Can you fix this bug in the coming firmware update? I don't want to use PC sync cord.

Comments

• How is this a V6II bug, if the flash output changes?

The pre-flash is unavoidable with system-dedicated flashes.

BTW, have you upgraded to the latest V6II firmware? Earlier versions did not observe trigger signals at the external sync port, i.e., a light meter would not fire a test shot when connected to a V6II. I guess this is unrelated to your problem but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
  • ...Can you fix this bug in the coming firmware update? I don't want to use PC sync cord.
    Hi there, what firmware version are you currently running on your V6 II?

Version 1.1.003 should have addressed a sync port bug found on 002.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited August 2016
    I have already upgraded to latest firmware version 1.1003
  • Oh wait, you said...
    ... I don't want to use PC sync cord.
    So you want to use your Sekonic light meter to wirelessly trigger the Cactus V6 II - without any sync cable? That is not possible.

The setup should be like this:

Your hand > Sekonic > sync cable > 3.5mm jack of V6 II, set to TX mode

When you press the trigger button on the Sekonic, it sends a signal to the V6 II TX and it'll trigger your off-camera flashes connected to V6 II RX units.

Hope this clears confusion if any.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.