V6II and light meter problem

edited August 2016 in V6 II Problems
I have both V6 and V6II and my light meter is Sekonic L-308S. I use the light meter with cordless flash mode. When I use V6 as trigger and receiver, the light meter works fine and accurate after I remotely change flash output and push V6 test button. But when I use V6II, the light meter's reading remains the same after I remotely adjust the flash output (the flash output dose change). I think the light meter is interfered by pre-flash signal or something. Can you fix this bug in the coming firmware update? I don't want to use PC sync cord.

Comments

• How is this a V6II bug, if the flash output changes?

The pre-flash is unavoidable with system-dedicated flashes.

BTW, have you upgraded to the latest V6II firmware? Earlier versions did not observe trigger signals at the external sync port, i.e., a light meter would not fire a test shot when connected to a V6II. I guess this is unrelated to your problem but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
  • sofratula said:

...Can you fix this bug in the coming firmware update? I don't want to use PC sync cord.

Hi there, what firmware version are you currently running on your V6 II?

Version 1.1.003 should have addressed a sync port bug found on 002.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited August 2016 PM
    I have already upgraded to latest firmware version 1.1003
  • Oh wait, you said...
    sofratula said:

... I don't want to use PC sync cord.

So you want to use your Sekonic light meter to wirelessly trigger the Cactus V6 II - without any sync cable? That is not possible.

The setup should be like this:

Your hand > Sekonic > sync cable > 3.5mm jack of V6 II, set to TX mode

When you press the trigger button on the Sekonic, it sends a signal to the V6 II TX and it'll trigger your off-camera flashes connected to V6 II RX units.

Hope this clears confusion if any.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.