V6 II & SB910 Zoom Problem

Hello! I have a problem with controlling zoom flash for nikon SB910 flash. The zoom does not react at all to the command change made from cactus V6II connected on my nikon 810 camera.
Please help me to solve the problem with a guideline step by step.
Just to inform you i upgraded the firmware for triggers to the latest version, i tried in multiple ways but it didn't work and i need your support.
Thank you and looking forward for your answer!

Comments

• Hey there @pricopec

Is your SB910 set to TTL mode?

Did you switch on the flash first, then switch on the V6 II to RX mode?
    It will auto-detect the flash system only when you follow this step.

Hope this helps!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi @pricopec
    Switched from Nikon to Fuji and now also using cactus V6 II triggers. The V6 II didn't triggered my SB910 flash until I adjusted the settings of the flash, especially the zoom settings (Mzoom off and FX/DX to FX).
    Thereafter it worked without problems.

Hope that helps! 
  • ... until I adjusted the settings of the flash, especially the zoom settings (Mzoom off and FX/DX to FX).
    Thereafter it worked without problems.

Thanks for the tips, @Christoph !
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • @Christoph

Just saw your posts confirming that you are able to use XT2 and SB910 along with Cactus V6 II successfully.

Also, are you able to control the flash power and zoom of SB910 remotely using Cactus V6 II and Fuji XT2 ?

Cheers,
    Santosh
  • Hi Santosh,

Also, are you able to control the flash power and zoom of SB910 remotely using Cactus V6 II and Fuji XT2 ?

I don't see why not?

Technically speaking, you can control the off-camera SB-910 mounted on Cactus V6 II in RX mode from a V6 II in TX mode, even if it is not mounted on any camera. 

You must mount it on a compatible camera system only to be able to sync the flash with the image.

Apart from power you can also remote control the zoom of the off-camera flash.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager