TTL Pass-through with X-T1 & Nissin i40

Can anybody confirm that TTL pass-through with the Fujifilm X-T1 and Nissin i40 (or any other Fuji flash) work? I am able to get things working with my Canon system, but to no avail using my Fujifilm gear. Thanks.

Comments

• Hello @kplam

Yes it works. We have both the X-T1 and i40 for Fujifilm.

Remember to press and hold the Menu Button for 2 seconds to turn ON the TTL Pass Through function on the V6 II.

Of course you will also need to set the i40 to TTL mode.

If in doubt please share with us your setup / start-up process so we can check what may have went wrong.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I had similiar issues with my x-pro2 and the nissin. I had to tell the TX that the flash system is a Fujifilm, only then the TTL pass-through worked.
    The downside while using the V6II with a ttl pass-through and a Fujifilm (Nissin) flash is: You will loose the ability to use HSS, as the TX always telling you Fujifilm flashes are not supporting HSS. If you switch the TX to other than Fujifilm flashes the TT pass-through is telling you not compatible.

As far as I know within the next big FW update of Fujifilm cameras HSS support will come also for Fujifilm x-series....finally ;)
  • I am finding the TTL exposure unreliable. It seems to work at times but doesn't work at other times. When I am testing by moving closer/further, adjusting ISO/aperture, and the flash exposure seems to be fixed.

Sometimes, it uses the manual flash setting when TTL pass-through is disabled, even after TTL pass-through is enabled.
  • Mehrdad said:

As far as I know within the next big FW update of Fujifilm cameras HSS support will come also for Fujifilm x-series....finally ;)
    That's what we heard too... when the EF-X500 hits the market.  Which we will need one in order to make it work on the V6 II. Their beta firmware did not work on the V6 iI's current firmware, which is a no-brainer as the current Forced HSS is made for existing firmware with no HSS support.

As for the Nissin i40, I guess you will also need to wait for Nissin to update its firmware in order to be supported when triggered by the V6 II.

kplam said:

I am finding the TTL exposure unreliable.

You are correct!  We are able to replicate your findings, about the accuracy of the TTL pass through. Our R&D is on the case right now.

I shall post an update tomorrow or on Monday.

Thank you for your understanding during this time.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.