Problems with Fujifilm X-Pro2 and Nikon SB-700

I'm having a trouble getting the V6 II to work with this setup. I had it working briefly, but now it doesn't. The V6 II will not auto recognize my camera. I'm powering up the camera and holding the shutter release half-way down while I switch on the V6 II. It fails to recognize the camera. The flash will fire, but I can't control the power on it. If I set the V6 II camera setting to Fujifilm, the flash won't fire at all!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kurt

Comments

• After swapping the two V6 II units back and forth between the flash and the camera bod multiple times, I finally got one of them to auto recognize the X-Pro2, but then the shutter wouldn't release???  With the V6 II mounted to the camera and on, the shutter would not release. When I turned the V6 II mounted to the camera off, the shutter released just fine. Then when I turned it back on, it wouldn't auto configure to the camera again. :(

For the price of these things, I would really have thought they would have worked a little more consistently than this (barely at all).

Any suggestions before I pack them up and send them back to B&H?

Thanks,

Kurt
  • Ok, so I've done further testing with my X-Pro1 body, and the trigger works perfectly with the X-Pro1.  Unfortunately, it will still not recognize my X-Pro2 or function correctly.  I've updated the V6 II firmware, and have tried swapping the two units repeatedly.  I may get it to auto-recognize the X-Pro2 o out of every 5 or 6 attempts (if I'm lucky), but then I can't repeat it.  Has anyone else successfully used this unit with an X-Pro2, and if so, how did you get it to work?

Thanks,

Kurt

• Have you tried going back to V1.1.001 on the V6II?

I wouldn't recommend this firmware version in general, but JoshTomalin reckons that V1.1.001 is the key to make the V6II work with the X-Pro 2.

If this indeed works, you should be able to wait for Cactus to fix a bug in their latest V6II firmware version.
  • Thanks for the response. After further testing, I'm fairly certain that my problem is related to the physical connection between the V6 II and the X-Pro2 hot shoe. I don't believe they are lining up properly for some reason. I'm not sure why. The X-Pro2 does work fine my Nissan i40 flash, and it works fine with a pair of Yongnuo flash triggers I have. It just doesn't seem to work with the V6 II triggers.

Kurt
  • Other Fuji camera models benefit from removing a metal spring from the camera's hot-shoe. The operation is reversible, so you may want to try whether that helps with the X-Pro 2 as well.
  • I've already packed them up for return.  I really need something that works consistently without a lot of fiddling around. These just don't seem to fit the bill.

Kurt