No FEL when using flash in pass-through on camera

I have just received a couple V6 Mk2 triggers and am using them with my Canon 5D3 and 580ex flash units.

I am fireing the main light as on-camera, with the trigger set to pass-through.

All seems well except I do not seem to have FEL (Flash Exposure Lock).

Usually
I can operate FEL from a pre-designated button on my 5D3, and of course
the speedlight will flash whilst it is taking the reading - and then
fire at the appropriate power on my actual shot.

When I have the trigger between camera and flash, I cannot operate FEL as there is no test flash.

Is this a limitation of the system or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Hello @leethecam,

Quick question, are you using firmware version 1.1.003?

Our R&D is checking on this right now.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Lee, I just replied your email.

FEL is indeed not supported on the current firmware. R&D is looking into adding this on the next firmware release.

The original V6’s TTL Pass Through is a hardware pass through, but on the V6 II, the actual pass through is done digitally. There’s a restriction as to the data size on the V6 II’s hardware so won’t be able to support all the camera / flash functions.

We will probably not include functions such as bracketing as I think that’s rarely used in a multiple flash setup?  Others please feel free to suggest too.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.