Fuji XT-1 and Fuji EF-42 Flash

I have just purchased the Cactus V6 II triggers and have sort of successfully set up trigger and receiver.  However, my problem is that although it appears that power levels when adjusted on the TX trigger, and appear to be updated the RX with the EF-42 flash, the actual power level used by the flash does not change.  That is, it appears to be shooting at full power even though the RX and TX displays show 1/128.  The manuals really are not all that clear to me.
Is there someone please able to provide with step by step instructions on how to correctly set up the Cactus triggers so I can vary the power from my on camera TX trigger.  Thank you.

Comments

• ... The manuals really are not all that clear to me.

Are you referring to the User Manual? Or the Quick Start Guide that came with the package?

On the Quick Start Guide second page (under side) you will find step by step start up, plus a section on setting up Fujifilm.

Click here to view the Quick Start Guide online.

In the meantime please check if both the V6 II transceivers are set to the same channel (e.g. CH 12) and group (e.g. Group B)

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thank you Antonio for your response. I was referring to both the Quick Start Guide and the User Manual, both of which are not the easiest to follow.  I have been a technical writer in the past so I do have probably a too high of a normal requirement.  However, this morning I swapped my 2 transceivers, and to my surprise, I then had the ability to adjust the flash power.
    In addition, I understood from various reading of the new triggers by non-Cactus people, that the these 2 transceiver would give me HSS with the Fuji EF-42, however readings today suggest to me that this is not possible.  I would appreciate it you were able to confirm this for me.
    However, if, for example, I purchase the Cactus RF60 to use as an off camera flash for my Fuji XT-1, (and soon the XT-2), would I then have HSS available to me.   Thank you for your assistance.
  • ... I understood from various reading of the new triggers by non-Cactus people, that the these 2 transceiver would give me HSS with the Fuji EF-42,..
    I am not sure who these people are, but to date there are no Fujifilm flashes that support HSS, including this EF-42 you have.  Otherwise we did not have to create this "Forced HSS for Fujifilm".

Supposedly, when Fujifilm releases the EF-X500, it brings HSS (finally) to Fujifilm users. I guess the V6 II was released just a tad earlier than Fuji and stole the show (publicly anyway).

Once the EF-X500 comes out we will get one to study how their newborn HSS works and fingerscrossed I hope we can support it as well, on top of our own Forced HSS.

Cactus RF60 would be the no brainer choice for anyone (Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony) if they are looking for a dedicated off-camera flash that supports high-speed sync (HSS).

With regards to your comments on both the Quick Start Guide and User Manual to be difficult to follow, please share with us how we can improve.

Thank you very much in advance for your comments!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.