V6II doesn't trigger Godox/Canon triggers in Forced HSS

2»

Comments

• Hi Antonio

I appreciate the response. Yes that's all I'm looking for is a firing signal that can be picked up by the Interfit S1 remote. So the remote can talk directly to each of the strobes. I'm in manual mode
    • Making power adjustments to each Interfit S1 strobe from the Interfit remote which sits on top of the Cactus v6II
    • Turning on HSS from the remote
    • Require firings shutter speed information sent from the Cactus on top of the camera shoe to the remote so that it can be sent to each strobe via the Interfit remote.
    Currently Cactus trigger is talking directly to another trigger connected to each strobe via a sync cable. The Interfit remote isn't involved other than to be a convenient way to change settings (manually) from the camera without having to physically touch each strobe to make changes.

As you stated, I understand TTL isn't something that is supported because I am using a Canon remote (not available for Olympus or Panasonic). Would be nice at some point to see this offered directly but until such time this is good for Cactus. I'll take manual - if you can engineer a solution to pass HSS info though the Cactus so the Interfit S! remote understands firing and shutter speed (HSS) I know you pass that through but the Canon S1 isn't picking up on it or you're expecting a Canon flash vs. remote. 

Seems Paulster made this work with his Profotto remote unless I misunderstood. 

Thanks again Antonio! Happy New Year!
  • edited December 2016
    Clarification - As it stands now I cannot get the Interfit remote to understand firing signal at all. Can't fire strobes whether in HSS or normal sync without Cactus triggers on each strobe.
  • Not even switching on the interfit remote on, and then the camera, lastly the V6 II to TX mode?
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio -

Correct. Repeated the steps again. The Interfit does not receive a fire signal. I am able to use the Interfit remote to remotely trigger the S1 flash but the camera does not trigger a flash.

Settings:
    Cactus Firmware 1.1.006
    S1/Remote Firmware 2.3
    Manual Mode
    NO TTL
    Cactus mounted on Panasonic gH4 using camera hotshoe.
    Interfit S1 remote mounted onto Cactus hotshoe.
    Interfit S1 remote is Canon version.

• The Cactus v6 II is set in auto mode to discover both the camera and attached flash. The Cactus recognizes the camera as Olympus (Correct as Panasonic and Olympus share profile) and the flash as a Canon. I even manually set both and the Interfit remote doesn't sense the fire signal. Tested the Interfit remote on my Canon and it fired the remote S1 flash.

• Have you tried manually selecting "MANUAL" or "NIKON" as the flash system on the V6II transmitter? I know that the Interfit remote is for Canon, but the other profiles may still work better.

Some people had success isolating the extra (system-specific) pins on the V6II-mounted trigger (e.g., by using electrical tape or similar between the V6II contacts and the other trigger's hot-shoe contacts). Centre-pin triggering should be sufficient for the Interfit (try "MANUAL" or "NIKON" as the flash system) and its extra pins may cause trouble.
  • Hi Class A

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it.  Yes I have manually choose Canon as the brand for the Interfit remote too and it didn't fire.

The Cactus is picking up the fire from the hotshoe on the camera. The issue is the Cactus isn't translating this to their own hotshoe. The Cactus is getting the fire command as it is able to translate this from the TX Cactus on the camera to the other RX designated Cactus devices. HSS sync is supported as well.

My contention is the the Cactus TX maybe ignoring the Interfit and Profoto remote and not sending the fire signal through their pin outs on their shoe. With more testing since this post the only conclusion is either the fire signal on the Cactus shoe is on the wrong pin as you suggest, or because either remote doesn't match a speed light profile they have identified and its not sending a signal because of it. For those only using Speedlights, this is an incredible solution. I am looking to see if Canon has different pin specs for different flashes and that maybe why the fire signal is getting sent to the wrong pin. Thanks for the suggestion! Helpful.
  • I'll put a meter on the Cactus hotshoe pins and see if there's any voltage coming from them.

• ... Yes I have manually choose Canon as the brand for the Interfit remote too and it didn't fire.

Maybe try setting the on-camera flash as MANUAL on the V6 II TX flash setup?

Because all you need is a trigger signal to fire the Interfit strobe?
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited January 2017
    Yes I have manually choose Canon as the brand for the Interfit remote too and it didn't fire.
    OK, but what I was suggesting was not to use "CANON" for the flash system but try "MANUAL" or "NIKON" instead, as unintuitive as this may sound.

I don't think you'll have any luck measuring pins. I'm sure the V6II uses the centre pin and your best bet -- if the alternative flash system choices don't work -- would be to tape some of the additional pins on the Interfit trigger (not the centre one, though) to see whether that makes a difference.

I don't know exactly which triggers work on top of the V6II and what the reasons are why some don't work, but I've read a couple of posts where people had success (and one of them after taping additional pins). 
  • Got it. I will give this a try and see what happens. Thanks!
  • Hey Class A. I gave this a shot but no luck. I appreciate you suggestions. I spoke with Interfit's product manager and they we're willing to share profile info with Cactus but couldn't get them to bite with including their S1 Remote into their firmware. For now it will have to be PC sync.